Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 11:31 PM

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how much Princess charges for the 3rd person in the cabin. Does he paid the same price as the 1st and the 2nd person in the cabin? Or does Princess charge less for the 3rd person? Typically how much is the discount, if any?

Thanks all in advance!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:49 PM

the amount of the charge varies by cabin. I have not heard of any instance in which the 3rd person pays the same as the first two, in a single cabin.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:45 AM

It will also depend on the itinerary and how full the ship is. When you go to their website, choose a voyage, then click on pricing and availability. It will give you a page where you can enter the number of people for the stateroom and adjust the pricing accordingly. On the cruise I want to book next year, it raised the price $50. I would either call Princess directly, at 1-800-Princess and ask specifically for third person rate or ask you travel agent. Hope this helps and best wishes!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 AM

There is no set price for a third or fourth person. As already mentioned it will vary. It varies with the ship and sailing date, special promotions, how far in advance your booking etc. Everyone in the cabin must pay the port fees and government taxes. It is only the cruise portion that is discounted for third and fourth passenger in the same cabin.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:58 PM

For triple and quad cabins booking early frequently give you the best add'l pax rates. As those begin to become rare they sometimes charge full rate for 3rd/4th pax.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned

i asked for a price on triple share for a p&o boat from sydney off the internet for a cruise in may 08 & i was quoted this ( can i copy & paste the answer)

Category N Inside triple room on Plaza deck $1275 per person including taxes

category G Ocean View triple on Plaza Deck $1475 per person including taxes

i think they charge by the cabin & then divide the price, correct me if i'm wrong
Old 11-10-2007, 12:16 AM
I wish Neil was still around tonight; he could answer this much better than I.

As he pointed out in the post above, the third and fourth passenger can sometimes pay the same as the first and second. But they don't start with a set price for the cabin and then just divide by the number of people. For example, the single supplement (a single traveling alone in a cabin for two) is usually 150% in the less expensive cabins; 200% in the better ones. Very often the third and fourth person will pay 50% of the fare for each of the first two.

In most brochures the fare listed is "per person, double occupancy".

Are you sure the prices you were quoted were for all three people, or for two people in a cabin that can hold three?
Maybe the agency is trying to get the most it can out of a cabin that will hold three.

In any event, that is not the way prices are usually decided--setting a price for a cabin and dividing by the number of people in the cabin. Normally they set a price per person, then see how they can maximize the revenue from each cabin.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Banned

i got another quote from an aussie site & this is what i was quoted for a triple outside cabin

Full Fare:
$ 8179.00

Discount:
$ 3739.00 -

Other:
$ 91.32 -

Taxes:
$ 126.00

Total Cabin Fare:
$ 4474.68

maybe the aussies do it different when enquiring about triple share
Old 11-10-2007, 09:43 AM
That's pretty clear. I guess that's the way they break it down if you want a quote for three.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:21 PM

Different sources quote pricing differently. For instance if you call Disney direct they offer three ways to give you the pricing each time. They ask if you'd like a cabin total, a per person rate or a breakdown? A breakdown gives you the cruise rate, the port charges (also called non-commissionable fare) and the tax seperately for each passenger. The total will come out the same regardless of how they quote it. Be aware that some agencies, for purposes of marketing and getting the phone to ring advertise the lowest possible cruise fare only and don't even include the port charges in the ads. That is widely frowned upon by most in the industry and the more reputable agencies will never practice this marketing approach. Some agencies also have booking fees if you actually want to ask questions or book over the phone with an actual agent. Beware of the fine print and any service that expects you to do an online only booking (simply put in your CC with noone on the phone to direct you and answer your questions or concerns). These type of bookings are often a little lower than through a brick and mortar agency, a full service online agency or booking direct. The reason is, they have less overhead. Less staff and office space required. That little bit of savings may come at a very high price if you need someone to resolve an issue, provide assistance, process a cancellation, change a sailing date etc.

One other point, the cruiselines don't charge a cancellation fee or penalty for having to cancel a cruise outside of penalty period (so many days before your sailing). Some agencies do, again in the fine print. They call it an administrative fee. The simple point is, know who you're dealing with, know what you're getting into by reading the fine print. If in doubt ask about any fees and if port charges are included in the price you're being quoted. The gvt tax will always have to be quoted seperately as it is not included in any of the published rates I know of, even the cruiselines published rates.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cancellation, carribean, charges, cruise, cruises, guest, norweign, number, people, person, pricing, princess, rate, royal