Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 AM

We had a fabulous 15 day cruise from LA to Hawaii RT (15 days) on the Regal. Thanks to Rick and others who encouraged me to try this great ship. Personally I loved it. The size, 70,000 tons was just perfect for getting around and running into people you had met frequently. The food in the main dining room was excellent. I loved the cabins; best bathroom ever and the safest. The bathrooms also had two medicine cabinets and a large shower with super water pressure. There was plenty of storage space in the closet and loads of drawers. Personally I loved the style of this ship, not as glitzy as the Golden, but definitely "regal" in its own way. I am sorry it is leaving the Princess fleet.
Ellie
Old 09-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Welcome home, SD Cruiser, and thank you for the ship report. Just one question -- what did you mean by "best bathroom ever and the safest"?

This sounds like a wonderful itinerary that I must consider some day!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:45 PM

Lisa, the shower was huge for a ship (and I was in an obstructed ocean view, not a deluxe room). Also, the jutting edge to enter the bathroom and the shower were both very slight, not at all likely to trip you, and the floor of the shower and bathroom itself were of a completely nonstick material, where it would be very difficult to fall. Having fallen in the bathroom of Celebrity Mercury, I really was aware of this.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:52 PM
SD Cruiser. welcome back; I'm glad you had a fabuous cruise and glad you liked Regal Princess. I know you will like Star Princess too, but for different reasons.

Glad you got a chance to sail on Regal Princess before she leaves the fleet; I'm sad about it also. She and sister Crown Princess (the original) are wonderful and unique ships.

Rick
Old 09-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Thanks, SD Cruiser. I wish more cabin bathrooms were as you described.

Glad you had a great time on the ship!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:54 PM

i am glad you all enjoy this ship, coz now we get to steal it and crapify it to turn it into a P&O Ship... bit of a waste i think!!!

but oh well...
Old 09-28-2007, 05:32 AM

Welcome back SD, glad to hear you enjoyed the Regal. I am considering the Royal for next Christmas, but may pick the Grand as she is nearly $1000 less. But, the Royal's itinerary is better. Oh, the decisions.. Hope you'll give us a full review on Cruise Reviews. Look forward to seeing what you pick for your next one. Best wishes!

Closed Thread