Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 08:45 AM

I am going to the Baltic on Star Princess in May 07. Has anyone done this on the same ship? What can I expect the weather to be like on 22nd May? Has anyone else had a "guaranteed" cabin? I have been "guaranteed" an inside on Emerald deck but have been told may be upgraded, how likely is this and if not, is the Emerald deck ok? Many thanks, never done Princess before, only lower end of market so going into unknown territory!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:45 AM

I am going to the Baltic on Star Princess in May 07. Has anyone done this on the same ship? What can I expect the weather to be like on 22nd May? Has anyone else had a "guaranteed" cabin? I have been "guaranteed" an inside on Emerald deck but have been told may be upgraded, how likely is this and if not, is the Emerald deck ok? Many thanks, never done Princess before, only lower end of market so going into unknown territory!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Hello blue eyes and welcome to cruise-chat;
I'm going to the Baltic for the first time in June, so I'm eager to see what responses you get about the weather.
As for an inside cabin on Emerald deck, it will be just fine; an upgrade is nice if you get it, but that dosen't seem to happen too often.
So this is your first time with Princess; I think I can safely say you will be very pleased. I am a long time Princess cruiser and have nothing but the highest praise for not only the ships and staff, but their shore excursions and customer service.
Have a great trip.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:35 PM

The weather could vary so I would prepare for both warmer and cooler. My first trip to the Baltic was around that same time frame. I wore mostly long sleeves, light sweaters, and my leather coat. You could run in to some rain and dampness. The day I was in Copenhagen started out with rain and cleared in the afternoon. The lilac bushes were beautiful lined along the harbor in Copenhagen.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:21 AM

Many thanks for both replies. Sorry I have been away - had a heavy cold and couldnt face the PC! Anyhow, I am really looking forward to it and will try and be ecclectic with my clothing. However in the UK we are having the warmest Jan/Feb in 90 years so I bet we have heatwave in the Baltic!! Has anyone had the Kosher meals? Whilst not too adherent myself, I am travelling with my mother who is of the old school and so we have ordered these to give choice when fed up with the Veggie options. I would be interested to hear what they are like. I will await your responses with eager anticipation and I promise to let you know how the cruise is on my return (2nd June).

Closed Thread

Tags
advosor, baltic, cabin, cabins, cruise, cruises, emerald, forum, itinerary, port, ports, princess, reviews, star, trip