Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 09:08 AM

Hi everyone! I have a silly question. I have a mini-suite oceanview booked, and was wondering what the bathrooms were like on Golden Princess? Also what kind of ammenities are offered in them? Thanks!
Keri
1st Cruise: May 31, 2005 Golden Princess to Europe
Old 03-10-2005, 09:56 AM

This is the brief description of Golden Princess' minisuite, from the Princess website:
"Twin beds that make up into a queen-size bed. Separate sitting area with sofa bed and desk. Balcony. Two televisions. Refrigerator. Walk-in closet. Bath with tub and shower. Approximately 323 square feet, including balcony."

We were on the same ship a month ago, in an outside w/ balcony, not as big as a minisuite, and had plenty of room and storage space - more than we needed for two people! No tub in our bathroom, but the shower stall was plenty large. Watch for the European-style controls in your tub/shower; they're not too hard to figure out, but may take a minute or two, as they are not familiar to us in the U.S. The hot water was plentiful and the preset temperature in our shower was just right, in my opinion. We got soap, shampoo and conditioner, and hand lotion for bathroom amenities. There was a place in the bathroom to plug in a razor or nightlight or whatever else you might need in there. A rather wimpy hair dryer was in the cabin itself, by the desk. I used it because I didn't want to unpack my own (rather wimpy) travel hair dryer!
Have a wonderful cruise! She's a lovely ship.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:47 PM

My wife and I have been in minis on the Golden twice. The room is plenty large but the balcony is a bit small. There is a tub in the bathroom which is again more than ample. The room has a large "closet" really just a hanging rack as well as a closet with shelves and a safe. there are plenty of drawers a sofa, chair and table. A refridgerator and two tvs(???). If so inclined, bring a hair dryer and a travel iron. You should enjoy the room very much but I'll say that we opted for a balcony room (non-mini) on the caribe deck this time. We'll be on the Diamond but it,s similar to the Golden. The room/balcony sq. ft. is about the same as a mini but balcony is larger. That works better for us. You'll love the Golden, we've been on it three times. We loved the entertainment, comedian Uber Rossi and illutionist Gitano the first time but the acts changed little so they weren't as exciting on the other cruises.

It's a great ship, I'm sure you'll love it
Old 03-22-2005, 08:37 AM

Thank you so much for the replies! I will pack a travel iron if I can find one, I know I will need it. I am getting so excited, 2 months from next Monday is when I leave...getting closer! Last time I checked I had 4 months to go!!
Keri
Old 03-24-2005, 06:10 PM

shirrrlleeeeyyyy

Old 03-24-2005, 06:50 PM

Lyn, behave!!! We are leaving Saturday on the Diamond No Uber, I hope
Old 03-25-2005, 05:16 PM

have fun!!

Old 04-14-2005, 09:12 AM

Hi Texas Girl

The bathrooms are pleasant and modern (like the rest of this beautiful ship) but the showers are a bit small.

Best solution, put the soap on the shower cubicle wall then spin around.

Have a great 1st cruise but be warned..........it can be addictive
There's irons an ironing boards in the ship's many laundrettes (one on almost every deck), use theirs: save packing yours!
Old 04-14-2005, 06:54 PM

You will have a nice full size bathroom with a full size tub and shower. Much more room and with a just a balcony cabin. Enjoy your cruise

Caseyg
Old 04-18-2005, 07:21 PM

I would use the iron on board. Especially if you are close to the laundry.

Closed Thread

Tags
amenities, ammenities, bathroom, bathrooms, cruise, cruises, dryer, golden, hair, irons, nice, pdf, princess, ship, ships