Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2002, 08:28 AM

My two sisters and I are going on our first cruise in mid March to the Eastern Caribbean. We are very excited and not sure what to expect.

I just found this board this morning and I hope to be able to get tips on do's and don'ts if you guys don't mind.

I guess first off would be the cabin. We have a mini suite on the Dolphin deck in the middle of the ship. Pretty good? Look for an upgrade?

In reading the comments so far it looks like this is the place to find the answers.

Thanks in advance

Jeanne
Old 12-26-2002, 08:28 AM

My two sisters and I are going on our first cruise in mid March to the Eastern Caribbean. We are very excited and not sure what to expect.

I just found this board this morning and I hope to be able to get tips on do's and don'ts if you guys don't mind.

I guess first off would be the cabin. We have a mini suite on the Dolphin deck in the middle of the ship. Pretty good? Look for an upgrade?

In reading the comments so far it looks like this is the place to find the answers.

Thanks in advance

Jeanne
Old 12-26-2002, 01:29 PM

Jeanne,

Your choice of room is good. The mini suites are large (for a cruise ship), well lit, have plenty of storage, 2 TVs, large bathroom, and a long clothes closet.

If you go for the nightly entertainment, get to the theatre early for seats.

I would skip the extra charge restaurants.

Princess offers a well rounded cruise for all ages and is a great value (in my opinion).

Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 10:07 AM

Our suggestion after cruising Golden in October, that if you want a private balcony, you need to be on the highest level of the ship, otherwise rooms above you with a balcony can look over theirs to see you on yours!!!!

Terri Dame
Old 02-14-2003, 08:30 PM

You will have a wonderful time on the Golden..
We were upgraded to a mini suite last March when we sailed on our first Princess Cruise. We loved it so much, that we booked another cruise on the Coral while still on the Golden. We will be leaving in a couple of weeks and are looking forward to traveling with our friends. The itinerary is wonderful and the Princess Cays was one of the best days. The beach was great and the buffet was unbelievable. The shopping in St. Maarten and St. Thomas is wonderful also..Have a fantastic cruise....
Old 02-18-2003, 05:17 PM

You and your sisters will love the Golden Princess. As far as an upgrade goes, well...I am of the opinion that the room doesn't matter. Once you walk out the door of your cabin, you are on the same ship and have the same amenities as everyone else. If you are planning on spending the majority of your time in the cabin, well then I guess it matters. But who wants to do that!
Old 02-20-2003, 09:24 AM

Hi All,
Glad to hear good reports on Golden.
Wife and I are booked on Golden for a Transatlantic cruise from London to NYC on
Sept 14. We were on Grand - Christmas 2001.
She is a sister ship to Golden, so basically we know what to expect. Good to read all the positive remarks.
Jeanbe, perhaps, you could write a review,
once you settle down after the cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, cabin, cruise, deck, dolphin, golden, mini, princess, reviews, ship, suite, suites, tips, tricks, upgrade