Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 PM

I am looking into my first princess cruise for my 25th anniversary. We have always travled on RCCL Does anyone have any opinion which ship I would prefer.Golden or Dawn??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

No more Huggies and Hamburger Helper...The Boys are in college.... So lets go have some fun!!

Monarch Of The Seas
Mexico Cruise
August 2003

Enchantment Of The Seas
New England
September 2005
http://www.myspace.com/thiakaren

Old 02-11-2007, 07:21 PM
"So let's go have some fun!!"
I love your attitude; and congratulations on 25 years--a milestone of which to be very proud.

If you've been happy with RCCL you probably like the bigger ships and Golden Princess is the larger of the two with more of everything. I prefer the smaller Sun Class ships(Sun, Dawn, Sea)because I cruise for relaxation and not for all the "goodies"; and it's easy to get around. But they are both magnificent ships, beautifully maintained and beautifully run.

Just one thought: if it's the Mexican Riviera you're thinking of--I say that because that's where they will both be for some time--I would lean towards the Golden Princess simply because it has more deck space and more pool choices; the Dawn's decks can get a little crowded in warm climates.
But I assure you either ship will provide you with a great cruise.

If I can offer any more specific advice please ask.

Once again, congratulations.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:39 PM

I totally agree with F-Mattox. Either ship would be fine. It all depends on what you like in a ship. If you like the amenities of a larger ship, then the Golden would be the way to go. But, if you like a more intimate atmosphere with less crowds, then the Dawn would be better. It's all in what you want, but either way, have a great time. And congratulations on 25 years. Been there, done that. Kids are out of college, on their own, and one more to marry off this May!
I could kill that stupid groundhog. No shadow??Spring coming early?? We're getting pounded with more snow than we've seen in three years!!

Closed Thread