Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2006, 01:45 PM

We are planning a cruise with the new Crown Princess on Nov. 4th 2006 for the Southern Carribean. I can't seem to find too much information. Any information you could share?
Old 02-15-2006, 02:29 PM

The following link had some info about her:
http://cruises.about.com/od/cruisene...06princess.htm
Old 02-16-2006, 10:23 AM

I'm taking her in September and again in January 2007. I've got lots of details because I've doing research.

We've been on the Caribbean Princess and expect she will be similar (Cafe Caribe, size, public spaces, MUTS). The new features include more dining venues, including the piazza style lobby with cafe eating venues, the Vines wine/seafood bar and the pub fare in the Wheelhouse bar. Not to mention, she'll be shiny and new, with some really interesting itineraries.

If you have specific questions, let me know.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 03-02-2006, 06:11 PM

We just booked on the first sailing of the new crown princess.We could not get any triple occupancy though. We have 20 in our group but one family has five members & one family has 3. Why would they make us all two to a cabin & seperate family members like that?
Old 03-03-2006, 05:45 AM

There are regulations stipulating how many cabins can sail with third and fourth capacity. At the time you booked they probably had already reached that capacity.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:51 AM

I went on this cruise 11/05. It was wonderful. I was seriously injured in St Lucia (Do not rent a scotter- the roads suck there). But the cruise was wonderful in taking care of me. The doctors and nurses were able to drain my knee and give me pain meds in IV and take x-rays. They made it possible for me to stay on the trip and just go down to see them daily. The crew also made me comfortable in the wheelchair. I was still able to get off the boat at ports and function while on the boat (not too tight to get wheelchair around and all crew helped me whenever needed). The ship is beautiful and the ports are great. My only problem was that it left from San Jaun. Many people from Puerto Rico (since they get last minute deals and don't need airfare) who don't get off the boat and hog up lounge chairs and are rude and don't control their kids. It is a formal cruise and very dresses but then you have some people at dinner in tank tops and shorts (not following dress codes). The food was amazing, service was the best I have ever had. Be prepared to have a large bill at the end since they did charge more than I thought other cruises had. Mine was very high even after taking in to consideration my $1500 medical bill. Get travel insurance and be careful.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:56 AM

Sorry I thought it was the crown princess but now that I think about it maybe it was caribbean princess. Anyway great cruise line, would go again on any of their ships since that service must be throughout their company. I will just go out of FL next time.

Closed Thread

Tags
2005, bill, caribbean, crown, cruises, grill, medical, occupancy, princess, restaurant, reviews, stateroom, triple