Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2006, 06:57 PM

I'm booked on my first cruise on lthe Queen Mary 2 and I'm reading some really awful reviews that conflict with info I've heard before. Would love dto hear some good stuff, tips for a better trip. Also if anyone is on the 9/02 Labor Day getaway, say hello
Thanks
Old 08-08-2006, 07:11 PM

Sarwitch, I just got a call today from friends who just got back from their first ever cruise, and it was on the QMII. They had a fabulous time.

Good points: there was always something to do. The ship had lots of activities going on during the day, including some pretty impressive lectures from professors from Oxford University. Despite all the days at sea on a transatlantic crossing, they never felt confined. They said the ship is gorgeous, the staff terrific. They had a balcony room on the 11th floor, which they found roomy enough.

Could Be Improved: They said the food was "just ok." Also, my friend said she could feel a lot of vibration (coming from the engines?) when in the dining room, but her husband either didn't feel it, or got used to is and didn't notice it any more. She noticed it the whole time. Anywhere higher on the ship, she said it was not a problem.

Sandy
Old 08-09-2006, 07:45 AM

Congratulations sarwitch! I was so tempted to book a back to back with the QMII and the Costa Magica at Christmas, just couldn't swing the time off from work. Please let us know how she was when you get back. I REALLY wanted to sail on her, never been on a true ocean liner, just cruise ships. Enjoy your cruise!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the good info - I'll be sure to stay in touch at post an after cruise note
thanks
sarwitch

Closed Thread