Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 03:26 PM

Does anyone know how the cabins are issued to the various on-line web sites. I refer to about 2 to 3 different sites to price a particular cruise & most of the time I see the same cabin numbers to select from although the prices might be different. I can't believe that I'm see ALL the cabins that are truly available or am I? Is it possible that Princess issues them in a trickle to be sold or do different TA have the options on different cabins?
Old 03-07-2008, 05:46 PM

I think that there is a link between the websites and the cruiseline so that everyone has access to available rooms. I notice the same thing when I booked my cruise but Princess had the same rooms available.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:44 PM

I suppose that's true but there're are so many rooms that aren't shown as being available & I can't believe there all filled. No matter how far out I check there are only a select number to choose from & all the TA's seem to have the same ones to offer. Strange. I also guessing that many are allotted in blocks to individual TA's & that's why they aren't shown.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 PM
I think you are right RichC; agencies reserve blocks of cabins for their own promotions. And Princess releases them in a trickle, as you say.

I haven't looked at other on-line agencies, but on the Princess site you have the option of entering a specific cabin number and it will tell you if it is available or not. That's how I've booked my last three cruises.

And sometimes I will just spot-check to get an idea of how full the ship is. There are usually lots of cabins availabe in addition to the ones they put up on the screen.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:52 AM

I tried to check Princess's cabin selections but it's either not working right now or I'm doing something wrong. I'll try again later.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 AM

Yes, The cruise line will allow a certain amount of space to be held by group space. Any cabins not sold by that agency by a given date will then go back into the inventory. The cruise line also reserves a certain amount of cabins in each category for the "Guarantee" space.

Closed Thread

Tags
availability, availbility, avalible, avilability, booked, cabin, cabina, cabins, cruise, cruises, find, princess, reseve, ship, specific, staterooms