Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I want to take an Eastern Caribbean Cruise (St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Bahamas) in the fall. I have narrowed it down to two cruise ships:

Caribbean Princess
VS
Mariner of the Seas

I have only been on one cruise before: Sovereign of the Seas/Nov.1st - 5th 2004.
I liked it, despite of the major renovations going on during the cruise. However, I hear good things about Princess cruises in general. As well as it's newest ship: Caribbean Princess.

So, I am wondering what you all think. I would especially like to hear from anyone that has been on both cruise ships, and can give a comparison?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:40 PM

Hmmmm, how old are you and what do you like to do on a cruise? That would probably be the deciding factor. They are both great choices and you can't lose either way.

Tom
Old 03-22-2005, 10:07 PM
I am 34.
There are many things I did on my previous cruise that I liked:
- EATING!
- Swimming
- Participating in the Karaoke
- Watching the entertainment
- More eating

In fact, the quality of the food is one of the aspects I would value most in a cruise. So, if I could figure-out which ship has better food, I would choose that one.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Serious Cruiser
By the way, when did my title change from "Member" to "Serious Cruiser"?

I'm not sure if I am deserving of my new title.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:13 AM

You are going to get everything you mentioned on both ships, so it will be difficult to choose. I can't recommend one over the other. But, you can't go wrong.

The company that hosts Cruise-Chat.com upgraded the software so that we can now have new "karma" titles. I am still playing with them. Every time someone posts they earn one karma point and the titles appear based on how many points they have earned.

Tom
Old 04-01-2005, 08:11 AM

In fact, the quality of the food is one of the aspects I would value most in a cruise. So, if I could figure-out which ship has better food, I would choose that one.

Frase... I am a travel agent and while they are both WONDERFUL ships, I get more clients tell me that the quality of the food on Royal Caribbean as not as good as Carnival or Princess. Maybe this helps!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:34 AM

We have been on Carnival before , but never on RCC . I always thought that RCC was a step above Carnavil ? We sail on The Mariner this Sept , I hope we are not dissapoinated .....
Old 04-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Banned

Frase
My choice would be Celebrity. The reason being you mentioned the quality of food. I have not had better quality or service on any ship. They may be a little more money, but it is well worth it. Trust me you will not be dissatisfied with Celebrity.They are owned by RCL, but a step or 2 up. JMHO.
Tom
Old 04-13-2005, 04:21 PM

I recommend Princess. We have been on 3 Princess cruises in 15 months and enjoyed them all. Shhips are clean, lots to do, food great and the entire trip can't be beat.

Caseyg
Old 05-05-2005, 09:08 AM

If food is the tie breaker, I would go with Princess. I just came off the Mariner (10-17 Apr 05) and we did not care for the food. I was very disappointed in RCCL. My cousin has been on more than 10 RCCL cruises, so after listening to her my expectations were high. The dinning room food was good (not excellent, but good). The buffet food left a lot to be desired. I had read some reviews on this site that indicated that the food on Mariner was not good, and I found that to be true. However, I did talk to folks on the ship that liked the food. So, what I am saying is that this is a subjective thing. For me the food a Carnival was much better, but that is always a matter of opinion. Also, The Mariner was a beautiful ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribean, due, karaoke, mariner, marineroftheseasrenovationupdate, princess, remodel, remodeled, renovated, renovation, royal, sea, seas, ship