Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2003, 06:55 AM

In RE to an article in Wall Street Journal,
Grand will take over most of the Caribbean
cruises (total of 22 for the season) and Golden
Princess will remain in Med area in Europe and follow the itinerary of both vessels.
Wife and I are booked on Grand/Transatlantic
from Southampton to NYC on Sept 23, and now with this article in WSJ, wonder: 1- if we are on the same date with Golden on the Transatlantic cruise, and 2- if there is a vacancy on Golden for the same HP stateroom as we had on Grand.
Oh, my God - so much stress!
Vladimir and Elfrieda

Old 02-13-2003, 06:55 AM

In RE to an article in Wall Street Journal,
Grand will take over most of the Caribbean
cruises (total of 22 for the season) and Golden
Princess will remain in Med area in Europe and follow the itinerary of both vessels.
Wife and I are booked on Grand/Transatlantic
from Southampton to NYC on Sept 23, and now with this article in WSJ, wonder: 1- if we are on the same date with Golden on the Transatlantic cruise, and 2- if there is a vacancy on Golden for the same HP stateroom as we had on Grand.
Oh, my God - so much stress!
Vladimir and Elfrieda

Old 02-13-2003, 07:03 AM

Talk with your travel agent, or if you booked with Princess directly, call them. They are offering to change those with Med. reservations on Grand to those on Golden.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:59 AM

I have been on both the Grand and Golden Princess ships, in fact they are sister ships with the same configuration shipboard. You will love either one. We took the trans-Atlantic on the Golden last year, Oct 2002, and it was a wonderful trip. The sail into NY makes it so worthwhile. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 02-13-2003, 01:20 PM

Thank you Karen and dotnbill.
I will certainly call Princess and find out the
details about the switch.
I am aware that they are "sister" ships and I am well familiar with Grand, but my apprehension is in regard to Golden itinerary. She leaves London
on Sept 14 and her capacity is 2600. Now what will happen with the other 2600 passengers from Grand!? Wife and I do not really care when we are to depart from Southampton ( a bliss of retirement!), but we did make air deviation and
planed to stay in London for two days. In addition Golden does not stop at LaHavre and it is a seven day Atlantic crossing. Hate to miss Claude Monet's home in Giverny, although right now I am not too trilled with France...
Old 02-13-2003, 06:04 PM

Good luck! The earlier you check with them, the more likely you will be able to find a cabin on Golden. Had to chuckle about your last comment...maybe you can catch up with Giverny another time.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:40 AM

Good news, Karen!

Received a phone call from Princess, informing us about the change (Grand to Golden), offering an additional $$ discount, on top of original Captain's Circle discount and the new dates-from
Sep 23 to Sept 14. Even our HP cabin C302 on
Caribe Deck 10 is the same as it was on Grand.
I am impressed and, obviously, Princess is OK again in our books, untill they screw up, the next time!
If they can switch the passengers this quickly from one vessel to the other, Elfrieda and I anticipate, there wan't be too many cruisers
on our Transatlantic crossing. Well, we'll see.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:10 PM

Appreciate your good news! Sounds great - have a fantastic time!

Closed Thread

Tags
2003, allintextelfrieda, cruise, forum, golden, grand, journal, ny, princess, reviews, sept, southampton, street, transatlantic, wall