Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 08:54 AM

Thank you for the review of the Grand, RichC. I had heard some rumblings about her as well, which I doubted were true, but glad to hear she's still grand. The Emerald was absolutely magnificent, but I'm still not so sure that bigger is better. So, I'm going to try the Royal at Christmas/New Years instead of the Grand. That way I can compare. Thank you for finding out about the cell phones as well. Like I said, I'd leave mine at home, if I had the choice. My hubby's mom makes it imperative that we have ours at all times, however. She's 95 or 96, somewhere around there. I think as long as I've known her, though, she's said she was 78
Old 01-30-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Thank you for the review of the Grand, RichC. I had heard some rumblings about her as well, which I doubted were true, but glad to hear she's still grand. The Emerald was absolutely magnificent, but I'm still not so sure that bigger is better. So, I'm going to try the Royal at Christmas/New Years instead of the Grand. That way I can compare. Thank you for finding out about the cell phones as well. Like I said, I'd leave mine at home, if I had the choice. My hubby's mom makes it imperative that we have ours at all times, however. She's 95 or 96, somewhere around there. I think as long as I've known her, though, she's said she was 78
The Grand isn't in bad shape although it does have it's worn areas unlike a new ship. As you well know, Princess keeps up on maintenance fairly well. We've never sailed on a brand new ship so I don't really know if I can make a fair comparison.
I don't know if I'd like a Christmas/New Years cruise- I've heard to many stories about the hundreds of kids & it's something I can live without.
I suppose the cost of using cell phones keep lot of folks from abusing them but as soon as we hit Ft. Lauderdale you could hear the difference.
We had my dad on an Alaskan cruise when he was 87 & he loved it. (We had to keep him from snoring to loudly at the early show )
Old 01-31-2008, 06:41 AM

It is true that there are more children on board at that time of the year. However, it's a 14 day itinerary so that will alleviate some. Plus, the Royal is only 710 passenger capacity, so it won't be anything like the Magica. We sailed her Christmas before last, over 3000 passenger capacity and probably 1000 were children. It was still a very fun cruise and there were only a few spoiled brats on board. The rest of them were having a ball, and it made it seem like you were at a big family Christmas party. It's a fun time to cruise, but sometimes the water is a little chilly when snorkeling.

Closed Thread

Tags
cell, cellular, coast, cruise, cruises, east, gibraltor, grand, people, phone, princess, reception, sea, service, ships, signal, thinking