Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 08:06 PM

has anyone ever had a problem with this in their cabin---I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:24 PM
On all our cruises except one, we have never noticed a problem with the cabins. On the Grand two years ago we entered our cabin and found the previous occupants had been heavy smokers. We spoke to our cabin steward and then went to the purser's desk to see if we could switch cabins but the ship was full. Our steward promised that the room would be cleaned and while we were at dinner they cleaned the carpet, washed down the walls, and purified the air. Everything was done when we got back to the cabin and we had no more problems.

Need some cruise help?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill SC:
Our steward promised that the room would be cleaned and while we were at dinner they cleaned the carpet, washed down the walls, and purified the air. Everything was done when we got back to the cabin and we had no more problems.
I think I am going to love these room stewards! I hope I have a good one. I better get my tip money ready.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 AM

I have never had a bad "Smokey room" on Princess although I have noticed some cabins not being as fresh as I would have liked. We have encountered a real bad cabin on NCL once & luckily they did change our room even though the ship was full.
God forbid you should get a cabin who had a cigar smoker the week before since nothing seems to remove the smell completely except a complete scrub down plus time. I suspect cigar smokers don't smoke in cabins that much or they do a really good job de-stink-a-fying the rooms.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RichC:
I suspect cigar smokers don't smoke in cabins that much or they do a really good job de-stink-a-fying the rooms.
I would agree especially if said cigar smoker is married or has a non-cigar smoking significant other. I have seen plenty of men in public (ok at the bar...lol) who are there smoking cigars because they cannot at home. I am sure the same would hold true in a much smaller ship's cabin! lol
Old 03-15-2008, 11:28 AM

Yes, we have had this problem on Grand Princess. Our steward was not around so we went to the pursers desk. The ship was full so we were unable to change cabins. However within the hour our cabin had been re-cleaned and all the soft furnishings changed. The steward should have noticed the problem in the beginning, but we certainly could not fault the speed and efficiency of the corrective measures. The room was then clear throughout the cruise. We did, however, notice a smoke smell at times in the corridor. Presumably this was caused by a heavy smoker in a nearby cabin.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:41 PM

I suspect it's the short turn around time that the stewards have to clean the rooms that keep them from doing a good cleaning. If they get complaints then they'll do a compete deodorizing. There's a 25 % chance that it might be occupied by a smoker & might not even notice the smell.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Are there any cruise lines that do not allow smoking at all?
Old 03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't believe so. Carnival tried it for a while as an experiment on one ship, but it didn't last long.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:44 AM

We were on Jewel OTS last month and they do not allow smoking in the cabins anymore. Only on the balcony, if you are caught smoking in the room they charge you I think it was $200. to clean the room.

Emerald Princess-11/30/08
Celebrity Century-1/8/09

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, carnival, cigar, cigarettes, cruise, cruises, odor, princess, smell, smelly, smoke, smoky, stateroom, stink