Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2005, 11:16 AM

I am booked on her - my 27th cruise, and I have some general questions for somebody who has sailed on her before. First - do you need reservations for 'movies under the stars?' If so how does it work? Also, does anyone know if, like the Grand Princess, the verandahs have doors/walls that can be opened so if your friends are in the cabin next to you you have one big balcony? I am also interested in hearing a review of the Sterling Steakhouse - I have not sailed on a Princess ship that had one yet and my group of 8 is interested if we hear it's good. What are these 'cabanas' on Princess Cays? For $15 a day they can't be much - are they worth getting? Any other help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you to everyone who helps/offers advice or opinions! If you have any questions for me please ask.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 08-08-2005, 04:02 PM

Hi Barbara,

I sailed the Caribbean Princess in May of this year, we had a eastern Caribbean itinerary and I loved it. The movies under the stars you do need to make a reservation for, they play two different movies during the whole cruise, one family oriented and one adult movie, on our cruise it was the incredibles and shall we dance. We did not eat at Sterling but we did eat at sabatini’s and it was pretty good. If you plan on eating in any of the specialty restraints on board, you have to go directly to them to get a reservation, you cannot do it on the phone, as far as the “Movies Under the Stars” you can make a reservation with the concierge over the phone. With the movies under the stars, the only thing that is free is the Popcorn, they sell candy at an outrageous price, so if you have kids bring your own. Princess Cays, nice, not a private island, more of a private beach. The “bungalow” is essentially a cove shaped piece of canvas that the top part of your body Is out of the sun and your legs are exposed, we were sunbathing so we opted not to get one. The other activities on the Cay are OK, we did the water trikes, waste of money, way to much work, no go. We did see people who rented the small sailboats and it looked fun, also the banana boats looked fun. Princess cays as a whole is kind of just to wind down after the ports, it is pretty boring, and when we went in May the water was COLD!

If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them, just ask!

Shelton
Old 08-27-2005, 03:20 AM

The Sterling Steak House is absolutely worth every penny. The quality of beef is much, much better than in the dining room. When we sailed on the Carribean we were able to make reservations on the phone as well as at the door. (We ate there twice). If you and your friends are steak lovers you will love the Sterling Steak House.
Norwegian Gem 2007 (Transatlantic)
Island Princess 2007 (Hawaii)
Caribbean Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2006 (Coastal)
Island Princess 2006 (Coastal)
Splendour of the Seas 2006 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2005 (Hawaii)
Rhapsody of the Seas 2005 (Caribbean)
Sapphire Princess 2005 (Mexico)
Caribbean Princess 2004 (Caribbean)
Star Princess 2004 (Europe / Transatlantic)
Golden Princess 2003 (Caribbean)
Golden Princess 2003 (Transatlantic)
Golden Princess 2003 (Transatlantic)
Monarch of the Seas 2002 (Caribbean)
Rhapsody of the Seas 2000 (Mexico)
Old 08-27-2005, 11:51 AM

I totally agree about the Sterling Steakhouse. We ate in the one on Golden Princess and it was definitely above the standards of the dining room. Worth every penny of the extra charge.

Closed Thread

Tags
2005, adult, august, carribean, cruise, cruises, golden, hawaii, movies, om, princess