Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2005, 02:14 PM

Hi all! Just to let you know that our TA has our final papers! WOOHOO! We are flying Delta to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Europe. We have someone meeting us in Atlanta to show us to our next gate...(I love the Atlanta airport!). We leave at noon on the 29th of May (but have to be there 3 hours earlier for security reasons). I'm so estatic....i'll be getting my papers in the mail sometime late this week or next week....woohoo!
Keri
20 days to go!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:27 PM

Keri,
That is exciting! Have you started to think about packing yet? I leave in 9 days and still haven't figured out what to take. I know the weather will not be super warm, but it seems like it will be transitional and that can be difficult to plan for.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-10-2005, 03:29 PM

Hi Nancy! I'm taking mainly long sleeved items some sweats but mainly thinner material (I tend to get cold easily). I can always slip on a jacket. Since we will be on the ship for almost 2 weeks, I plan on taking only about 4-5 days of clothing and washing them on one of our at sea days. I'm taking a few tshirts just in case, but I have a friend in Germany and she said that right now they have rain and it is lower 60s.
PS-another friend of mine on another board had a good idea...if you want to just pack long sleeved items, they do have tshirts for sale on the ship if you need them.
Have a blast! What ship are you sailing on?
~~Keri~~
20 days to go~Golden Princess~Western European Capitals
Old 05-10-2005, 06:06 PM

Keri- I am excited for you! You are going to have the most awesome time.
I have some good friends working on the Golden. I will tell them to take good care of you.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 05-11-2005, 05:16 AM

Hi Keri,
Being a Texas Gal, 60 probably sounds chilly to you - being from Ohio and suffering through a very looooooong and cooooooold winter - 60 sounds pretty good.

I too am planning to bring lots of lightweight long sleeve tops (as you said - you can always layer) and since we will be in Amsterdam - definitely bringing my jeans. However,I am going from one wardrobe extreme to the other as I look forward to the 3 formal nights on this cruise (I love to dress up).

As my countdown clock indicates - I will be on the Celebrity Century.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-11-2005, 05:58 AM

Nancy
If you don't eat the chocolates they put on your pillow, would you save them for me?

David Landry
Old 05-11-2005, 06:11 AM

Sorry David - They are already spoken for. My mother is the recipient of all my "cruise chocolates". In fact, I think she looks forward to my cruises - just so I can bring her the chocolates on my return.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-11-2005, 06:14 AM

If you give your room attendant a few extra bucks, he/she will put extra chocolates on your pillow. And I have found Celebrity has the finest chocolates!

David Landry
Old 05-12-2005, 10:49 AM

Hi everyone! I'm just so excited. Today starts the main countdown in my eyes. I have a candlelight ceremony tonight for graduation, then graduation tomorrow, then I can get really excited about the cruise! (more so than what I already am lol) Only 17 days left until I leave for London for 2 days before the cruise and i'm really excited about that as well! Can anyone recommend any good Stonehenge tours?
~Keri~
1st cruise-June 1, 2005-Western European Capitals...17 days to go!!
Old 05-12-2005, 02:12 PM

Keri, try Astral Travels (find them on the web.) Good small-group tours, at least part of the week. Or Gray Line does them as well. Have a great time!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, fall, packing, ta