Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 01:46 PM

Ok we are returning to Venice On May 29th. Our flight is at 10am so we have to get off the ship by 6:30 am to catch a taxi or limo to the airport...any sugestions on which to do..Limo or taxi and how far do we make reservations..
Old 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I would use the Princess transfer. They also have a new luggage service; they will pick up your luggage at your cabin and take it directly to the plane. They will also print out your boarding pass so you can go directly to your gate.

Are you sure you will be able to disembark by 6:30? A 10:00 a.m. flight on the morning of disembarkation sounds very unrealistic--especially in Venice.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:39 PM

Hey rc,

The earliest you can get off the Crown is 4 am on Friday May 29. The ship arrives the nite before. If you are flying internationally, you would want to make sure you arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight. The transfer that Princess has ship to airport person is very pricy at US70 per person. You can take their transfer to Piazzale Roma for US30 per person and then hop on a bus ACTV to to the airport (blue buses they are like 5 euros or cheaper per person and take like 30 minutes to get to airport. I believe it is a long walk 20 minutes or so from ship to Piazzale Roma. However, it seems like people do walk it from what I have read. I myself would walk and then take the bus from Piazzale Roma. I am sailing on the Crown on the 17th as well and my flight departs at 2:45 pm so I have a lot of time to spare. We have not decided whether we we will pay princess for the shuttle to Piazzale roma and then bus it or if we will walk and then bus it.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:25 PM
That early in the morning I would do a land taxi you probably can check in 2 hrs prior but more is better.
Here is a site with some good info
http://europeforvisitors.com/v...m-venice-airport.htm
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 PM

We'll be on Crown Princess May 17 from Civ. Arriving in Rome, staying in Trastevere on the 16th. How should we get to ship from Rome without spending a fortune for transport (with luggage)?
Staying overnight in Venice area, flying out of Marco Polo at 6:35 am on 5/30. What time do we need to get to airport?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:34 AM

Hi nurse e, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Check into the Princess transfers. There's also a FAQ section a little further down the page where Jim did a great post about transportation. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:19 AM

to nurse e,,,we did the Cruise 2 yrs ago Rome to Rome...The airport is about 1 hour away we hired Bobs limo service great cars. Expensive but reliable..Thats all I have..if you use Bob's make sure you have copy of the price they quote..thats what saved us more money..
Old 05-08-2009, 11:23 AM

We know we can get off the ship the night before if we needed to but dont want to pay for another hotel..We were told Princess doesnt have a transfer that early in the morning so the idea is getting a taxi to pick us up at the port...the Marco airport is only about 30 min away..I really appreciate the info from everyone..it really helps...we are traveling a week before the cruise so we will have 2 big suitcases and a carry-on We have walked from the venice port to where the buses come. its not a bad walk but with luggage not sure..
Old 05-08-2009, 11:26 AM

hey Pink845 see ya on the ship we are in R202 if you want to meet for a drink...thanks for you info very helpful with the buses..
Old 05-08-2009, 11:33 AM

I wanted to thank everyone for all the help..This is a great place to get info...I have tried other confusing web reviews and I never got my questions anwsered..So kudos to Cruise Reviews..and all the great people..Happy Cruising to everyone

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, catch, cruise, cruises, flight, forum, luggage, ncl, princess, private, service, ship, shuttle, transfer, venice