Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 02:37 PM

We need help

my wife and i only do 1 big holiday a year usually 15+ nights we have have sailed on RCL 4 times and QM2 once we saw a good priced Sea Princess cruise sailing on Nov 10 from Barbados i dont want to risk our 1 holiday on an unknown.

help please

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Princess offers a fine cruise product, at least on par with RCL if not a little bit better. The Sea Princess underwent upgrades last year including the adult-only Sanctuary and a general sprucing up. It is moderator Penny's favorite ship.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:08 PM

If you liked Royal Caribbean, you'll like Princess. If you enjoyed the QM2 more, I'd stick with a similarly upscale cruise line for your next vacation.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Sea Princess is my favorite ship also, but I agree with Sandy: you just can't compare it to the grandeur of QM2. But if you meet it on its own terms I think you will really love it.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:05 PM

She is my favorite ship, not too big, but big enough. Easy to navigate. We've sailed on her sister ships, too, but she's still my favorite. Probably because of the crew, they were outstanding! I haven't sailed the QM2, so I can't really compare, but to RCI, I prefer Princess.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:22 PM

Thanks shipmates

Going on the Qm2 again would be amazing (the staff the food the boat, not so much the evening entertainment) however the cruise we would like to do this year is simillar to last years UK to NY to Carribean only is almost double the price.

I have just read some of the RCI thread and i now know why we decided to break from RCI in the first place, there constant penny pinching was getting out of hand and it was showing on the staff and the food and other aspects.

If the Sea Princess is good enough for Penny then is is good enough for us..

Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 AM

hi

thanks for the advice we saw a great cruise from L.A. to hawaii 14 nights on the Golden Princess in November, any info on her would be nice, although its a bit late since we have already booked it

cheers

Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 AM

We have just booked our first cruise on Princess also. We are on Crown Princess Oct 17/10 Canada and Colonial America. We were also unsure. We have done 3 crossings on QM2 and 4 on QE2 and another cruise on the Coronia (Which is now gone). We have travelled on Norwegian,
Carnival (never again) and Holland America. Cunard is of course, very upscale but we enjoy it. We also enjoyed our voyages on Holland America. We have been assured from the boards that if we liked Holland America we will like Princess. We can compare notes later.
I feel that you have made a good decision.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Hello dodonnell72; I am booked on the October 13th Golden Princess sailing to Hawaii. We did this cruise three years ago on Island Princess and loved it so much we are going back. We also were on Golden Princess the same year to the Mexican Riviera.

The best news is Golden Princess recently underwent a major reburbishment, and I hear from friends that have been on her that she is absolutely resplendent

In case you missed it, here is a link to a photo journal that was kept of her recent drydock.

I've started a roll call for the 10/13 sailing; we could chat further about the ship and itinerary there, if you care to.

Rick
Old 06-21-2010, 06:46 PM

We were on the Golden Princess a couple weeks ago for our Alaska cruise. She really is a beautiful ship. The food was probably the best we have had on any cruise. And the entertainment was superb.

We ate in the Donatello dining room and enjoyed the 5:30 traditional dining. The tables in that dining room were nicely arranged and not crowded.

The best part is that the crew were very nice, helpful, and fun to talk to.

I think you will really enjoy the Golden Princess!

Nadine

Closed Thread