Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 PM

I will be traveling on the Star Princess and just looked at the weather.
It is supposed to be raining in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. How bad it is when it rains in Alaska? Has anyone had to deal with alot of rain on their Alaskan cruise?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellorn:
I will be traveling on the Star Princess and just looked at the weather.
It is supposed to be raining in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. How bad it is when it rains in Alaska? Has anyone had to deal with alot of rain on their Alaskan cruise?
We've been there two times over the years & have experienced some rain each time. Luckily it wasn't torrential downpour but in Haines we missed very heavy rain the previous week & the week after so be repaired for anything. The Alaskan coast it a rain forest & the weather is very unpredictable.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:24 AM

Kellorn,

We were told it rains in Ketchikan more than 300 days a year, and over 150 inches. We were there last month and it was a light rain throughout most of the day. At times the rain may get heavier, but for the most time it is a light rain. Alot of light rain. It is like a tropical rain forest in Alaska.

Juneau was also a light rain, with periods of sun. Skagway had a great day, sun, temp. of 82 F, but that is not the usual. It can be overcast and very cold there.

We wore a combo rain jacket and warm jacket, like you might use when boating. Waterproof, but warm. We carried small unmbrellas that I never used but my wife did. I always wore a had to keep the mist off of my glasses as well.

The weather puts a gloom on photographs. Colors are mutted and not as sharp as with sunshine.

Plan on the rain and hope for the sunshine to come out.

Steve

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, celebrity, cruise, cruiseing, cruises, ketchikan, rain, rained, raining, rains, reviews, ship, start, weather