Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 06:07 AM

We will be traveling on the Sapphire Princess in Aug/Sep doing a landcruise of Alaska. Because we will be gone over 13 days (we are getting to Fairbanks early)what laundry services do they offer on board? Is it self serve or can you have someone do your laundry for you? If you have someone else do it what is the usual cost? I thought I had read somewhere that they charge by the piece. Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 AM

There are laundries and ironing facilities on board as well as dryers...they usually take a $1 to operate...take your own powder. There's is much too strong. You can have your laundry done and returned the next day...it does cost a fair bit 50c for a pair of knickers from memory. Sea days are popular to do laundry but on land days you will usually get in OK..take drip dry things and something to peg your underwear on. Dont stress you are on holidays!!
Old 05-04-2008, 07:56 AM

The charges for laundry service is expensive & I personally don't care for the way they clean things (and we get free laundry service!). Stains usually aren't removed etc. & if they put them in the hot dryers they will shrink things- socks, underwear. As rugbypopsie has said you'd be better off using the self service washing machines & dryers. Bring alone a small amount of soap & stain remover to pre-treat stains (shout). Their dry cleaning service was OK & I had no complaints.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
I had laundry done twice on our last cruise. I was a little apprehensive because I had heard things like what RichC posted. But I must tell you we were very pleased with the service and the results; especially the way they ironed my shirts--great job. And nothing shrunk. Here is a price list:

Old 05-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Thank you for the information, especially the laundry price list.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-04-2008, 05:33 PM

Rick -I don't know why my socks & underwear shrank- (no jokes about the food please) but they did. Possibly because my wife doesn't normally put my socks in the dryer? I definitely would bring along a little shout to pre-treat any stains before they launder them.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:10 PM
No, I've heard that from others as well. That's why the first time I just put in the oldest stuff that I didn't really care about. When it came back fine, I sent in my dress shirts and casual slacks.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:40 AM

On our next cruise in June I'm at least having my suit dry cleaned again - After all I've worn it three times since I last had it done.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:43 AM

On our cruise last month, which was on the Sapphire, we had free laundry and dry cleaning service since Princess was kind enough to upgrade us to a full suite.

I found that they did an excellent job with everything. Perhaps it was because we didn't have any stains that needed special treatment, or we're used to putting everything in the dryer back home. They did just as good a job as if we had done the laundry ourselves or taken the dry cleaning to a local place back in the states.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:54 AM

I possibly had one bad experience so I'll give them another test shirt, socks and underwear on the Dawn Princess this June. We'll see what happens. It's a nice option to have in order to pack less clothes and not bring home a case full of dirty stuff.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, charge, charges, cost, cruise, cruises, for, forum, laundry, lines, princess, priness, sapphire, selfservice, service, services, ships, star