Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2006, 12:31 PM

Hi everyone, this is my first post and first cruise.

We have booked a Xmas cruise on Constellation, the Ultimate caribbean cruise for 11 days. We have been getting really excited about this as it's our first cruise and we have done lots of research into it. Trouble is, our research has thrown up a problem and we are now not sure what to do. When we booked the cruise the only criteria we had was that it had to be between certain dates at Christmas and we wanted somewhere hot (UK is freezing in winter). The travel agent suggested Constellation as it was the only one for those dates available and she said it was a brilliant ship. We weren't absolutely certain about the itinerary but happy to get the dates we wanted on a ship that sounds beautiful, and accepted it as we weren't advised that there was any alternative.

Now we have found out that there is another possibility for the dates we want and a much more appealing itinerary - starting in Barbados, transiting the Panama Canal, ending up in Acapulco. We would absolutely love to do the Panama Canal but this cruise is on the Arcadia (P & O Cruises), and we can find very little information about the ship (apart from P & Os own website).

Has anyone cruised with P & O before, especially Arcadia and would you change from Constellation to get the better itinerary? I know this is probably our own fault for not doing our research before booking but we trusted the TA. We need to make a decision soon as full payment is due next month.

Thanks for any advice/help you can give. All comments appreciated.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:31 PM

Hi everyone, this is my first post and first cruise.

We have booked a Xmas cruise on Constellation, the Ultimate caribbean cruise for 11 days. We have been getting really excited about this as it's our first cruise and we have done lots of research into it. Trouble is, our research has thrown up a problem and we are now not sure what to do. When we booked the cruise the only criteria we had was that it had to be between certain dates at Christmas and we wanted somewhere hot (UK is freezing in winter). The travel agent suggested Constellation as it was the only one for those dates available and she said it was a brilliant ship. We weren't absolutely certain about the itinerary but happy to get the dates we wanted on a ship that sounds beautiful, and accepted it as we weren't advised that there was any alternative.

Now we have found out that there is another possibility for the dates we want and a much more appealing itinerary - starting in Barbados, transiting the Panama Canal, ending up in Acapulco. We would absolutely love to do the Panama Canal but this cruise is on the Arcadia (P & O Cruises), and we can find very little information about the ship (apart from P & Os own website).

Has anyone cruised with P & O before, especially Arcadia and would you change from Constellation to get the better itinerary? I know this is probably our own fault for not doing our research before booking but we trusted the TA. We need to make a decision soon as full payment is due next month.

Thanks for any advice/help you can give. All comments appreciated.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:45 PM

Hi,
I think you will love the ship Constellation.
Celebrity is far better than P&O as I have been with both and hope to go on the Constellation
June 2007 to St Petersburg.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:50 PM

PS-
Our friends have been on the Arcadia and they did Arcadia and did not like it, their was another ship called Arcadia which they loved, I think the Arcadia is going back to Princess soon
Old 08-13-2006, 02:13 PM

Addict,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

I have created a shortcut to this thread in the P&O Princess Cruises (Carnival plc) forum so that the thread can now be accessed from both sub-forums.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-13-2006, 02:14 PM

wayoverhere,

the current "Arcadia" was built for P&O Cruises. She is not one of the former Princess ships.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-13-2006, 02:22 PM

quote:
Arcadia" was built for P&O Cruises. She is not one of the former Princess ships.

Yes I know she was built for the Uk but was on the Artemis this year as was told she might go to Princess and P&O will take next ship out. But you never know what they will do.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:45 PM

Wow, thanks for the quick replies guys. I think the best advice always comes from those that have actual experiences. Any more thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Thanks again.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:54 AM

wayoverhere,

I really hope "Artemis" will end up on the German market sooner or later.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 AM

quote:
I really hope "Artemis" will end up on the German market sooner or later.

Why do you say that, I did a bad writeup on this ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
arcadia, barbados, christmas, cruise, starting