Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 PM

I have a cruise booked for the Diamond Princess cruise to Hawaii leaving from Los Angeles on March 2nd. This is a 15 day cruise and i was wondering if anyone has taken this one before? I have rented a mini suite mid ship and just would like to know how people enjoyed the mini suites.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:11 PM

You should have posted you question in the P&O Princess section. We're also on the Diamond leaving on Nov 18 Th for Hawaii- It looks like a nice ship although a little large for my likening. It looks as though the smaller (85,000 Ton ships) are being phased out. Perhaps f-mattox can comment on the cabin size as he's been on the ship before.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:15 PM

Not to worry, I moved this thread into the Princess section.

Sandy
Old 09-20-2007, 02:49 PM

Thank you Sandy
Old 09-20-2007, 03:58 PM

My wife and I had a mid-ship mini-suite on the Sapphire Princess for an Alaska cruise and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We were traveling with two other couples that had balcony staterooms. We were able to host the before dinner cocktail parties in our stateroom as the others didn't have room.

Overall, we felt the Sapphire Princess (sister of the Diamond Princess) offered the comfortable cruising of a large ship, but with the feel of a small ship. We never felt cramped or herded during the cruise. We are certain you will enjoy the experience.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 09-20-2007, 04:36 PM

Thank you papa bear for your input. I wasnt sure if a mini suite was enough for us but you have eased my mind. It is our 40th anniversary that is why we are taking a cruise to celebrate so im sure we will enjoy
Old 09-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Hello Murphy123. I just responded on your other thread, but to repeat, I did the same 15 day Hawaii cruise this last April, but on Island Princess, and absolutely loved the cruise and the ship.

I have also had midship mini-suites on Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princes and loved them, and the ships as well. Papa Bear hit it right on the head when he said big ship comfort and amenities with a smaller ship feel--never cramped or crowded.

We find the mini-suites ideal; large bathroom with tub and shower; lots of closet and drawer space, which comes in handy on a 15 day cruise; large sitting area with sofa, table and chair; and a very large balcony with two chairs, two recliners and two tables. We didn't do any entertaining, but as Papa Bear said, you will have the room if you wish to.

So you're in for a great cruise in a great cabin on a great ship. Keep in touch.

Rick
Old 09-23-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Diamond Princess
Diamond Princess, what a great ship, we just cruised the Inside Passage on her. 1 to 8 Sep, 2007. Had a great time. We must do it again. It was our 17th cruise with Princess!
Old 09-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Hello AskForMax, and welcome to cruise-chat. It's nice to see another Princess "loyalist".

Glad you enjoyed Diamond Princess. Would like to hear more about it. And if you would care to share, we'd love to hear about some of your other Princess experiences.

Once again, welcome.

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
diamond, princess, thread