Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 06:32 PM

We will be aboard the Golden Princess out of Los Angeles on Feb 16th. Our first cruise on Princess but it will be our 22nd cruise, most aboard Carnival. Has anyone used the parking facilities at Los Angeles? We will be driving down from Washington State and just wondering about the parking at the pier. Also any general information that you could give us about the Golden Princess, we have done the same basic cruise on Carnival 4 times and we like the Mexican Riviera. We have a balcony cabin and really enjoy being able to watch the sun go down from our own cabin.

G&T
two avid cruisers

Free Cruise Clocks20 + cruises going for 30
Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 AM

Hi peeksdad, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We haven't used the Los Angeles parking, just Port Everglades. I am assuming it will be the same, pricey, but convenient. I drop off my hubby and luggage, go park, come back and we get in line to board. I do hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do, they're our favorite line, so far. To me, their ships are always immaculate, the service is superb, and the food is wonderful. I'm sure there are others on the board that have used Los Angeles parking, just wanted to welcome you to Cruise-Chat. Hope you have a wonderful time!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Hello peeksdad, and welcome to cruise-chat;

The parking is just as Penny described; you pull up to the terminal, unload, and then park. There is a shuttle (although the lot is right next to the terminal), but it is really easier to unload and then park, rather than transfer your luggage on and off the shuttle. The fee is $12.00 a day. You can get more information and maps from their website, Pacific Cruise Ship Terminals.com

I echo Penny's sentiment: Princess is our favorite cruise line, and we have done the Mexican Riviera many times, most recently in October on Golden Princess. Our favorite place for sailaway is the Horizon Terrace, all the way aft on Lido deck; you have the buffet, the Outrigger Bar, the Terrace pool, and a spectacular view of the L.A. and Long Beach harbors as you head South.

Have a wonderful cruise and stay in touch.

Rick
Old 01-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Link to Pacific Cruise Ship Terminals;

http://www.pcsterminals.com/
Old 01-09-2008, 04:23 AM

A couple we met on our last cruise parked some where else outside of the port & saved some money. I wasn't paying to much attention to where it was or what the cost, but it is available.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:03 PM

Just want to echo what f-mattox said. It's really easy and safe in the Port of Los Angeles. However, I do want to add that if you want to park outside of the port parking lot, do consider the area is not in the best neighborhood. Check to see if the parking lot is patroled 24 hrs a day or has security guard on duty.

Closed Thread

Tags
angeles, cruise, golden, los, parking, princess