Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 06:29 AM

I am taking an inside passage trip to Alaska on the Golden Princess in July. Any advice, photos, or expirences with this ship/itinerary would be great! I am traveling with my husband and 7 yo son... so any advice from anyone who has taken Princess with children would be great as well.

I am still very confused as to what to pack!
Old 04-20-2008, 07:15 AM

Alaska is very unpredictable. You will want to take a combination of light weight and heavier clothes, sweaters, and sweat shirts. The type of clothes you can layer. There will be two formal nights on the ship. But as with any cruise you will see a wide variety of what people wear for formal night. Alaska tends to be a little more casual.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:14 AM

Princess has a good children's program with plenty for them to do. Make sure to read your Princess Patter, it will give you listings of the daily activities and the dress code for the evening. They deliver it to your room every evening. They will also deliver coupons, sale notices, art auction notices, etc., to your cabin every day. Make sure you take enough extra memory for your camera or film as there are a lot of great photo ops. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise!
Old 06-02-2008, 03:14 PM

hey im going on the same cruise same time!
i looked at the website and it actually tells you whats the weather going to be like
the temps at all the destinations!!

http://www.princess.com/pb/weatherDetails.do?subnav=tru...+-+Roundtrip+Seattle

copy and paste that link. it tells you the temp. of washington...
just click the drop box and choose what destination you want
i hope it helps and im still unsure what to wear also but i guess i will figure it out!
im very excited..kinda nervous this is my first crusie! hope you have fun!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:45 AM

Dominican Republic Resort Reviews
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 AM

Hi princessklac, congratulations on your first cruise! It won't be long now. I hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do, they're our favorite cruise line, so far. Make sure you have plenty of film or extra memory chips as you'll be taking loads of pictures. Check out our Roll Call section, there may be others on the board that will be on your cruise. If you want to add your name to the Roll Call list, just click on the reply button. Lisa, one of our administrators, updates the lists periodically. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again welcome aboard.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:47 PM

It is nice to hear from someone else going on the same cruise Princessklac! My family and I are counting down the days now... we are so excited. We cruised several other times, but this is our first Alaskan and the longest we've been on so far. I hope you have a great cruise and try not to pack too much. I know that will be my biggest issue.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:18 PM

hi travelbliss! if your still around cruise-chat..sorry it took so long for the response..im trying to do some last minute shopping for the trip! i know clothes is an issue here, always pack too much! but im trying to just stick with the necessary things... anyways i hope you and your family have a great time! im sooo excited..i dont know anything yet like: what time our plane leaves from new orleans what time we get on the ship (we will be in seattle for 2 days.. i think) what time it gets back when the cruise is over and what time we fly back...i guess ill have to get the boyfriend to give me all the info..or ill just call the travel agent...i just hate not knowing...ahhhh the excitement

St. Maarten Villas

Closed Thread

Tags
adivce, alaska, alaskan, cruise, forum, golden, inside, passage, patter, people, princess, review, reviews, ship, wear