Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 01:14 PM

The water is always good on Princess, I have a bladder disease so I carry one of those Brittas to take out the clorine. Much more reasonable than bottled water. The first cruise I took on Carnival I found the water to be grose!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 PM

Bottled water comes from Natural Running Springs which have been ionized....not wells.
Crown Princess April/07 - Fun In The Sun in Eastern Caribbean
RCI Brilliance Of The Seas March/08 - Here We Go Again
RCI Vision Of The Seas Dec/08 - Joining Sis On Her Redneck Honeymoon in Mexico
Old 07-20-2006, 07:31 PM

Hi,
We were on the Grand this June in the Med. I filled my water bottle with the tap water on the ship. The water had a strong clorine taste to it. It did not make me sick but I drank bottled water after that.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Banned

The water has to be safe otherwise you could not shower or bath in it. Just by washing your face you will get some in your mouth and what would be the sense of washing your hands if the water was contaminated?
Old 07-21-2006, 06:00 AM
Banned

If you still are not convinced that the water is safe to drink a trick is to put ice cubes in a glass and use the water from them as the drinking water.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:11 PM

I'd go as far as to say the distilled water on made on the ship is probably cleaner than most city utilities provide. With the cruise industry under the spot light on stomach viruses, I have to believe they take water purification very seriously as EVERYTHING cooked on the ship as well as the ice in all the drinks is made from the ships distilled water source.

But I never did understand the whole "bottled water" thing. People are so water worried, but don't think twice about breathing the much more polluted air we live in...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-21-2006, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 7thSon:
If you still are not convinced that the water is safe to drink a trick is to put ice cubes in a glass and use the water from them as the drinking water.
HUH?!? You mean they make the ice from bottled water? WOW! That's fantastic!

Old 07-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ChucksOK:
quote:
Originally posted by 7thSon:
HUH?!? You mean they make the ice from bottled water? WOW! That's fantastic!

Did you read what I wrote? Maybe I need to be clearer.

The room steward replaces the ice in your ice bucket many times a day. These cubes have to be safe to consume because passengers will use them in a drink. Take the cubes, put them in a glass and let them melt. You will now have cool water that is also safe.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:03 PM

I was just watching the news tonight & noticed that ther're selling pre-packaged water in plastic for making ice cubes- only 10 cents each.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:40 AM

Quote:
The room steward replaces the ice in your ice bucket many times a day. These cubes have to be safe to consume because passengers will use them in a drink. Take the cubes, put them in a glass and let them melt. You will now have cool water that is also safe.
Please tell me you don't really think the ship uses one (water) source for the kitchen, bars and the water coolers scattered around, a different source for plumbing (like your sink and shower) and yet, another totally separate and different source just for making ice?

Dave, HELP - this was your area of expertise in the Navy.

Closed Thread

Tags
bottle, carnival, charge, cruise, drink, drinking, fascination, island, princess, safe, ship, ships, supply, tap, water