Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 02:42 PM

My husband and I are going on our first cruise. An Alaska cruise tour on Island Princess May 28 to June 8. Would like any helpful information you guys can give us. Any cruising helpful hints and did we pick a good cabin which is a balcony on caribe deck c335. So much to learn and so little time to learn. Thanks. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Monica
Old 01-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Hello Monica, and welcome to Cruise-Chat;

congratulations on your first cruise; you have picked a great itinerary, a great cruise line and a great ship. Island Princess is one of my favorites: I have spent 30 days on her in the last year-and-a-half.

I'm sure you will be very happy with C335; it is a great location; you are half-way between the forward and midship elevators and stairs, you have cabins above and below, no equipment nearby, and the Caribe Deck balconies are larger than the other standard balcony cabins.

Volumes have been written for the first-time cruiser; but let me just make a couple of suggestions: you are on a cruisetour so pack light; but also be prepared for any kind of weather--Alaska is unpredictable. But most importantly, relax and don't worry about a thing. Princess has been cruising Alaska longer than any other line, and they have it down cold (pun intended). You wil have a crew of hundreds whose only reason for being is to make sure you have marvelous vacation with no worries.

If you have any specific questions, I'm sure we can help you find the answers.

Rick
Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi Monica,

May is my favorite time to cruise to Alaska...I can get cold, so bring a warm jacket....layered clothing is the best bet...I like it at that time because of all the snow on the mountains...I don't like snow, being from Minnesota, I see enough of it, but in Alaska it's beautiful....If you get to Skagway, make sure you take the White Pass Railroad ride up the mountain..it's amazing....last time we were there in May, there was 8 feet of snow up there...The Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau is wonderful at the time of the year too....Alaska is almost like a religious experience....Happy Cruising....I'm going back next year....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
18, 8, alaska, bring, cruise, cruisetour, cruising, fairbanks, island, june, may, pack, princess, reviews, ships