Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2003, 03:25 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on a forum. I'm getting Married on the Coral Princess June 2003 in Alaska =) I'm VERY excited! We have a total of 12 people going. We are doing a North bound sailing (Vancouver, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and disembarking in Seward). I’m looking for some opinions and tips as to what we should do in the ports. I really want to go on a helicopter to a glacier but am not sure what port it would be better to do it in.

My fiancé and I went to Mexico on the Star Princess and did a kayaking excursion that lasted the whole time in Puerto Vallarta, so I never got venture around the town, and I kind of regretted doing that excursion there as many people said that it was their favorite port.

So any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You! And Happy Cruising!!!
Old 01-02-2003, 03:25 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on a forum. I'm getting Married on the Coral Princess June 2003 in Alaska =) I'm VERY excited! We have a total of 12 people going. We are doing a North bound sailing (Vancouver, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and disembarking in Seward). I’m looking for some opinions and tips as to what we should do in the ports. I really want to go on a helicopter to a glacier but am not sure what port it would be better to do it in.

My fiancé and I went to Mexico on the Star Princess and did a kayaking excursion that lasted the whole time in Puerto Vallarta, so I never got venture around the town, and I kind of regretted doing that excursion there as many people said that it was their favorite port.

So any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You! And Happy Cruising!!!
Old 03-02-2003, 08:12 PM

Hey! That cruise is great! We just got married on the Coral Princess a few days ago, though we were cruising through Panama Canal. Yet, we know about Alaska from the first hand - got engaged there last year, also on the Princess.

We'd suggest to go on the mountain bikes to the hatchery in Ketchikan, visit Gardens in Juneau and then take city bus for $1 to the Glacier, go to Klondaike and pan for gold in Skagway. Spend the rest of the time exploring and going to museums on your own. Of course this is on the cheaper side then helicopter tours. If you have extra money - someone from our cruise was flying to see fishing bears and couldn't stop talking about it.

After the cruise would be perfect to have a rafting trip in the Denali National Park - wild and a lot of fun.

Hope you will enjoy it! All the best.
Anjelina and Lawrence.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:26 PM

Congratulations to all of you. It's so nice to be young. We're celebrating our 32nd aniversary next week, and have renewed our vows twice on Princess ships. While Denali National Park is beautiful, it would not come into play unless you are doing a post-cruise option, as it's a 2-1/2 hour bus ride to Anchorage, and then 4-5 hours by train to Denali. Ketchikan is the wettest city in the U.S. which travel agents fail to tell people, so be prepared. This is the place that they fly you from to see the bears. You won't get me up in a helicopter, but due to terrible weather when we were there in August 2001, all water shore excursions, as well as anything flying, were cancelled. People were not happy. We had a horse drawn trolley tour of the city, and they gave us lap robes to put on. We had a lumberjack show scheduled for the afternoon, but were so cold, we went back to the ship for a hot shower and watched a movie on TV. It started as rain, and turned to sleet and snow. We're going back in September, and hope the weather will be better. Good luck to all of you.

Closed Thread