Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 05:33 PM

Does anyone know what the differences are between the vista suite and the penthouse suites are on the grand princess and what extras someone might get in the penthouse verses the vista suite? right now I am booked in the vista on the golden princess going to Hawaii in 2010 and my balcony is on the rear of the ship and this would be nice if we were doing the sail by the volcano at midnight and it will be nice to leave ports from the rear but I am wondering if I might have a better view from on the side of the ship in a penthouse as well and the penthouse is only 1 thousand more than what I am paying for the vista and that's total not per person so does anyone think it's worth it? The princess represenative said the only difference is that the balcony is larger in the penthouse. Any comments would be helpful as they have 9 penthouse suites left and I would like to do the change on tuesday if I am going to do it. Thanks, Shana
Old 06-09-2008, 05:35 PM

I meant the GOLDEN prnincess NOT the GRAND princess. Shana
Old 06-09-2008, 05:57 PM

All the cruise suite categories are clumped together on the description but there are significant size differences. Here's the description from a source I use regularly.

Bedroom with twin bed convertible into queen-size bed , private balcony, separate sitting area with sofa bed, bath with tub & shower, two TV, walk-in closet, refrigerator, wet bar.

Average size with balcony: OS - 591 sq feet, PH - 536 sq feet, PS - 473 sq feet, VS - 383 square feet.

Average balcony size is 92 sq. feet.

On Decks: Baja, Caribe, Dolphin, Emerald

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-09-2008, 10:24 PM
shana, my advice would be to stick with your Vista Suite, for several reasons:

1. You only have a neighbor on one side.
2. Less chance of smoke wafting into your balcony and cabin in a aft cabin.
3. Your balcony is covered from above; the Penthouse Suite balconies are partially uncovered from above.
4. The view down from your balcony is directly into the sea; the Penthouse Suite balconies look directly down into the Dolphin Deck minii-suite balconies.

I'm posting a photo of a balcony in each catagory. If you click on the photo, it will take you to Webshots, where there will be more photos of suites in each catagory. I have to go back to Webshots to copy the photos, and will put them in my next post.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Vista Suite, E73 2, Golden Princess:

Penthouse Suite, C422, Golden Princess

Old 06-10-2008, 12:10 PM

Thank you both, now I am wondering if I stay in the vista suite do you think they would give us a loungechair if we asked? Or is the deck to small for one if they removed 2 chairs? Another question is were sailing jan 3rd of 2010 what is the weather like out in the ocean when your on your way to hawaii or on your way back? Can you be on the balcony or is it to cold? Shana
Old 06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
shana, if you click on the photo, it will take you to other pictures of the Vista Suite and balcony. You are only seeing one side of the balcony from the above photo, The balcony has two lounge chairs besides what you see.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
The weather will be cool the first two days out and the last two days back. It will get gradually warmer as you approach the Islands. It will probably be too cool to use the balcony.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:18 PM

O wow, thank you I was lost earlier trying to find the photos so thank you. I was lead to believe that the vista suite had a dining table inside it so I bet that is the penthouse suite. I know they said the remaining penthouse suites were on the caribe deck is that a good deck as far as is it quiet? I have a hard time navigating the princess cruiselines website and they said there was 9 ps left as of last night but if I were to move I would want a quiet room and don't they say mid-ship are better than others? I might stay where I am at cause I like the view of the ocean below us but if we can't use the balcony much then it is only good for pulling out of ports but I guess if were in port and were relaxing on the deck we would love it. The princess represenativve had me looking at a room with a table in the room a dining one so that must have been the penthouse right? Thanks for helping me be more informed to help me make the decisions that will help me enjoy my cruise the best. Shana
Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 PM
shana, neither the Vista or the Penthouse suite has a dining room table in the cabin. Both have round tables and four chairs, and two loungers on their balconies. You have to move up to the Grand Suite to get a dining room table.

All the Penthouse Suites are on Caribe Deck, midship. This is a good location, but your Vista Suite aft will be much quieter; there will be much less foot traffic past your door. And as I said in a previous post, the aft balconies are much preferable to the side balconies.

Again, I think you should stay in your Vista Suite.

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, benefit, cabins, cruise, cruiselines, difference, golden, grand, penthouse, princess, rooms, suite, suites, vista, worth