Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 10:07 PM

Anyone ever stay in one of the class CC forward cabins on the Diamond Princess (B100-105 or C100-105 - except 104)? The web says Limited Balcony Access. Is there access to a small balcony (these are oceanview cabins, not balcony). Seems that it would be nice to step out and look, although it might be pretty windy!
Thanks.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Hello DWSteveB, and welcome to cruise-chat;

very interesting question you have raised. I think you truly will need to hear from somebody who has actually been in one of the cabins because all the information available is confusing and even contradictory. Princess lists them, as you stated, as catagory CC Deluxe Oceanview; but I found other sites who list them on their deckplans as catagory BB Balcony. Photos of the front of the ship clearly show glass doors and partitons.

I found passengers who have been in suites B104 and B107 and stated that the forward part of their balconies were locked off while at sea because of high winds.

My guess is they were at one time sold as balcony cabins, but because the balconies can only be used when in port, they started calling them "Deluxe Oceanview".

I'm sure somebody out there knows for certain.

Rick
Old 04-05-2008, 08:38 AM

Thanks Rick. That's what I was figuring. Before I booked I told my wife that they probably don't use that area because it would be very windy while underway. I said that some people probably left the doors open and really messed up the cabin. So they closed off the balconies and made them oceanview. It would make sense, and kind of nice, if they let you use them while in port. It would seem it would be a pretty good view either way. It always seems like we're on the wrong side of the ship for a lot of things they point out. At least we'd be able to see while we were approaching instead of having to leave the cabin to get to the other side.
Steve
Old 04-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Right! At the very least you have a larger oceanview with a GREAT wiew; and if you can use the balcony in port, which I think is what they mean by "limited access", all the better.

By the way, Diamond Princess is a magnificent ship with some very interesting itineraries. Where are you going, if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to hear some more.

Rick
Old 04-05-2008, 12:01 PM

We were looking at a cruise in Asia (the only continent I haven't been on). We saw a cruise from Bangkok to Beijing, with stops in Viet Nam, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, plus Hong Kong. All the cruises are booked solid thru May, 2009. The last cruise, leaving May 1, 2009, continues on to Anchorage, Alaska, with stops in Japan, Korea, and Russia. We decided to book that portion, which still had some limited openings. It's the longest cruise we've been on (16 days), but it should be fun. I think 16 days is about the longest I'd care for. Thanks for your help with my question.
Steve
Old 04-05-2008, 01:03 PM
That sounds like a fantastic itinerary--no wonder it's booked up. I've done a couple of 15 day cruises and one 18 day; after 18 days I'm ready to come home.

Closed Thread

Tags
access, b104, b107, balconies, balcony, beijing, c100, cabin, cc, cruise, diamond, forward, limited, pictures, port, princess, stateroom