Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2006, 11:17 AM

HELP!!! I am thinking of booking an inside cabin on the Star Princess for Jan. I would like input (pros & cons) on an inside cabin. We have cruised in the past but always balcony/mimi suit.
THANKS,
Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 06-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Can't speak for the size of Princess inside cabins, but we always go for inside - mainly for the cost savings. What we save in cabin fare pays for everything else we have budgeted for our vacation. Also, for those of us who cannot sleep past the rising of the sun, it's nice to get some more shut-eye coz there's no sunlight coming in....
Old 06-05-2006, 12:50 PM

If you're used to having a balcony/mini suite, you may become a little claustrophobic having an inside room. Like susanmaz stated, there is no light entering the room except artificial light. It is true you save a bunch by going for an inside room, but I love having the door open at night. The ships are always too cold for me, plus I enjoy the smell of the ocean. Being able to enjoy the sunrise from the balcony is a great bonus as well. However, if the choice would be inside room and going on a cruise or balcony and not going on a cruise, inside it would be. Best Wishes!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:08 PM

I don't think you will be happy downgrading when you have booked balcony/mini suite before. When you wake up in the morning you won't know if it's still night or day. You won't know if it's sunny out or raining until you go up on deck. Insides are quiet and dark if you want to take a nap midday.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:52 PM

I'll admit going from mini-suites & balcony cabins to an inside may be tough, BUT, that said, better than no cruise at all, right??

Insides are a total different experience.
The cabins are dark for sure. I always sleep better.
But, you can put the tv on the bridge cam to see outside & call weather for the forecast.

The cruise itself has to do with the cabin I book. If I am repeating a Caribbean route for my winter cruise not important for me to have a balcony. But, cruising the Grand Canal/Venice - absolute must.

Good Luck & Happy Cruising

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 06-07-2006, 05:25 AM

Thanks to all for your input. Still trying to decide. Keep Cruising & Enjoy Life

Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 06-11-2006, 05:04 PM

Ok so you have always been in the balcony or mini suite?

Well if so then you are definitly going to miss those rooms. If you have absolutly no problem with sea sickness then it shouldnt matter. Also, if you have more than two people in that one room then it might be a little crowded.
One more thing, I was wondering how the Mini Suites are on the princess ships? Are they big or are they about the size of the balcony rooms?

Thanx!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:08 PM

Have to disagree with some of the posters, I've been in inside cabins a couple times since being in a balcony and minisuite back to back, and it's just fine. Although I DO miss the balcony (can't lie),the inside is good enough. On the Star, the inside cabins are reasonably roomy. But it depends on what you want to do...I've downgraded for more spa money. But if one of your favorite things is to sit on your balcony, of course this isnt going to work.

Biggest problem is you have to set a wake up call if you sleep, you WILL sleep late---no light at all. And it's a little clausterphobic if you plan to spend much time in your cabin.

Biggest plus is $$$$$, you can save a fair penny.

Can't imagine any cabin being a problem if it's on a cruise
Old 06-15-2006, 06:13 PM

Forgot to add answer to the mini question. This varies a LOT depending on what class ship you are on. On the Sun class (Sun, Sea, Dawn) they are much bigger than balcony cabins, as they are two rooms, and your balcony is twice as long. On the Grand class (Grand, Star, Golden, Saphhire, Diamond, etc). They include a small sitting area at the end of the cabin and are about a balcony bigger than a standard balcony cabin. They are really pretty and efficient imo--nicely laid out. The balcony is the same size as the caribe deck standard balcony cabins and jut out from them, so they are exposed. You can see this in the brochures or on deck plans on Princess.com

I'm not sure on the Regal, Tahitian and Pacific.

Hope that helped.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:22 PM

I agree with beach girl.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabon, cruide, cruise, forum, golden, inside, minisuite, pictures, princess, problems, review, reviews, ship, star, weather