Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 12:45 PM

Just got home from my 1st ever cruise Sapphire Princess to Alaska 6/30-7/7/07. It was great!!!The weather was perfect, no rain the entire cruise (a few light showers in Glacier Bay), according to all the tour guides that never happens. Service on board was great and food and entertainment was good too. Being as it was my first I had no real complaints. Great time was had by all, now looking for suggestions as to where to go next, the beauty of Alaska will be hard to beat.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:45 PM

Just got home from my 1st ever cruise Sapphire Princess to Alaska 6/30-7/7/07. It was great!!!The weather was perfect, no rain the entire cruise (a few light showers in Glacier Bay), according to all the tour guides that never happens. Service on board was great and food and entertainment was good too. Being as it was my first I had no real complaints. Great time was had by all, now looking for suggestions as to where to go next, the beauty of Alaska will be hard to beat.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

We just took our first cruise to Alaska recently too (May 31st-June 10th). We also had great weather, only about 10 minutes of sprinkles the entire 10 days! The only port it did sprinkle in was Sitka. What ports did you go to?

Like you, I can't believe the beauty of Alaska and am ready to go back, maybe do a land tour/cruise package.

I would love to hear about your trip and see your pictures.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:53 PM

We went northbound from Vancouver with stops in Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway. One of my favorites was Skagway as we were there on July 4th and were in town to see the July 4th parade. It was cool all the locals and kids in the parade. Loved the White Pass railroad. My favorite was Glacier Bay and seeing Muir glacier calving. One of the really fun parts was the tour guides that we had, they were fun and I think informative (we did all Princess tours as this was our 1st time). So much to take in and our pictures do not do it justice.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:56 AM

Welcome back lottorus, time to start booking the next one, it helps ease the pain. Glad to hear you had a great cruise. There are some wonderful places waiting for you to explore, the med, south america, the caribbean, Australia,etc. My love is the caribbean, great beaches, great snorkeling, and wonderful warm weather and water. Best wishes!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:11 AM

Alaska was the first cruise we did a number of years ago and then we got hooked. If you have not been to Europe the Mediterranean cruises are great. We just got back from the Med. cruise that included lots of Greek Islands on the new Emerald Princess. There are a variety of Mediterranean itineraries. We have also done Northern Europe, around Great Britain, and the Baltic (excellent).
Old 07-18-2007, 04:58 PM

This would be really adventurous for a second time cruiser, but now that you have one Princess cruise completed, you would qualify for the special pricing (code is PL1 if I remember) on the 16 day South America and Antarctica intinerary of the Star Princess RT from Buenos Aires, in January or February. We have booked the Feb. 19 sailing, and it is a fabulous ininerary and a great bargain for such a cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, cruises, go, gonext, next, reviews