Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 PM

What suitcase size is best for the Alaskan Inside Passage cruise on Princess Diamond for this June? My husband and I went to Europe for the first time last August, and we both packed everything in two 24 inch suitcases, because we had lots of transportation connections to make. However, I will be bringing two after 5 dresses to Alaska! Also I don't know if I want to wear the same things all the time. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:51 PM

You ask a tough question. If you really want to keep the luggage down consider doing your own laundry on the ship or having them do your laundry. If you do not want to do that keep the following in mind.

In Alaska the weather can change quite a bit even in June. So layers is highly recommended. Ketchikan and Juneau are rainforests so there is a good chance you will need something for rain. It can be in the 70's along the Inside Passage. It can also get cool near the glaciers. I am from a northern climate so I can get by with shorts and t-shirts but most cannot.

In other words it will all be what you are comfortable taking. Most take a little more then usual because they must have warm and cool weather clothes. I don't know if this helps you at all but I want you to make sure you are aware you want clothes for varied weather.

My wife always over packs LOL. Like I say I can get away with shorts and a t-shirt and something nice for dinner.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:29 AM

Princess does not have any size or number restrictions for suitcase size. It is easier if they fit under the beds and several 24 inch suitcases will do that. If you bring a larger suitcase your room steward will store it for you if you request him/her to.

Having to bring bulkier warm clothing does increase the amount of room required in a suitcase

Most people find that the luggage they bring is dependent on the airlines' restrictions.

As for two after 5 dresses bring what will make you feel the best. There is nothing worse than getting on a ship and regretting that you did not bring something.

Future cruises:
Star Princess - Dec. 2007-Rome- TA
Crown Princess- May 2008 TA & Baltics
Pacific Princess-Nov. 2008-Holy Land & Egypt
Diamond Princess- Apr. 2009 Asia- Bangkok to Whittier
Past cruises:
Golden Princess-2007-Alaska
Sea Princess-2005 Canada/New England
Diamond Princess- 2005 Mexican Riviera
Star Princess- 2004 x2 Med. Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome
Dawn Princess - 2004 x3- Southern Caribbean
Grand Princess- 2003 x2 W.Caribbean/ 2004 Panama
Sun Princess- 2003 Mexico
Tahitian Princess- 2003 Tahiti & Cook Islands
Royal Princess- 2003 x2- British Isles / Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Island Princess- 2003 Panama Canal / 2007 Hawaii
Sky Princess- 2000 China & Orient
Sitmar's Fairwind - 1979 x2- Caribbean/Panama Canal
-------------------------------------------------
HAL-Amsterdam- 2004 Alaska
HAL Ryndam - 2001 x 2- S. America
------------------------------------------
Viking Spirit/Pride -2006 Budapest to Amsterdam
Old 02-22-2007, 09:00 AM

If you are not too worried about fines for your luggage being over-weight limit, I would suggest space bags. I use them all the time. I try to put my clothes that would wrinkle less in them. For example, fluffy thick sweaters, sweatshirts, warm socks, etc... I get the ones at walmart, kmart that have a one way air purge valve. It purges the air out, as you roll them up. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, clothes, clothing, cruise, cruises, diamond, inside, luggage, passage, princess, review, reviews, size, suitcase, weather