Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 06:01 PM

If anyone can make a suggestion, we are already booked for the late seating dining. Last time we had this seating we missed some of the shows that started at 8:00 pm. Just wanted to ask if anyone would recommend the anytime dining. It looks like it would be a good option. Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.
Kelly
Old 01-22-2006, 06:18 PM

If you are assigned to late traditional dining you can still go in the anytime dining room on any particular night you want. But if you choose the anytime dining you can't eat in the traditional dining room.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Administrator

When we were on Diamond Princess, those with traditional dining (like us) could not make a reservation for the anytime dining rooms, a policy with which I agree. We could have gone and waited for a table, but wouldn't have been able to reserve one in advance.

I heard good things about Anytime Dining. For one thing, you can make reservations, as I stated above, by calling the DINE-Line once onboard the ship. This way, you can work around the show times. But, make them as soon as you can as the popular times fill up quickly.

If you do opt for Anytime Dining, let the maitre d' know as soon as possible so that your Late Seating time can be released to someone on the wait list.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:26 AM

My friend and I loved the anytime dining. We would do it again. It was relaxing and interesting to meet new people.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:36 PM

We will be going on our first Princess Cruise in June. I requested late dining, but now I am having second thoughts. Is the food and service in the Anytime dining room the same as the traditional dining room?
Old 02-05-2006, 09:10 AM

we wwent with the anytime dining but the only problem was that between 7-8.30 they will give you a pager when a seat becomes avalable so we found that eating after 8.30 was the best no line ups and some of the show's are on again at 10.45
Old 02-05-2006, 09:20 AM

Thanks for the insight into Anytime dining. Did you find the food and service to be comparable to that of the "traditional" dining room?
Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 PM

i find this cruise line doesn't seem to cater to the people line other cruises i've been on ,even in the buffet they we'rt the most friendly group,we took off the tips and just tip seperately for our cabin dude , keep all your reciepts for everything you spend when we were leaving a man was checking his bill and they over charged him by 300.00 he wasn't very happy but they got everything fix up
Old 02-06-2006, 04:13 PM

Kelly,

I do enjoy the flexibility offered by Personal Choice/Anytime Dining.
You can eat at a different time every night, or make a standing reservation.
The menus & service are the same.

Often times the production shows are offered more than once for the reason you say.

Good Luck & Enjoy!

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 02-10-2006, 08:21 AM

We went on Caribbean princess on 1-14-06. We had anytime dinning and it was great. There are
3 traditional dinning rooms on this ship. With
anytime dinning you can use 2 of them.THey have
a percentage of seats in each of these saved for
anytime dinners. We were handed a beeper on the first night on board and waited less than 2 minutes to be seated. On every other night we went to dinner between 5:30 and 6;00 and walked right in with no waite. We even requested the same table by a window each night. So yes, it is the same food, same dinning room, just maybe a different waiter. Other people we met on this cruise had the same positive things to say.

Closed Thread

Tags
all, anytime, caribbean, choice, cruise, dining, dinning, eat, night, personal, princess, reviews, sapphire, time, tips, traditional