Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2006, 09:41 AM

My wife and I wiill be cruising on the Star Princess on Jan 13 2007.
I have found this site to be interesting and entertaining and hope to add to it in the future
Old 04-04-2006, 09:46 AM

I hope you and your wife enjoy your experience with Princess as much as my husband and I do. We're on our 5th Princess cruise in October and I wish we were leaving today. I always tell people I do not work for Princess because I tend to give them a great deal of praise. The reason I do is because of all the lines we've been on so far, it's the best. (We've been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norweigan Caribbean, Costa and Holland America). Enjoy your cruise!!
Old 04-04-2006, 12:10 PM

Hi - we were on the Star Princess in January 2005 and enjoyed it very much. We did the traditional fixed early seating. The only problem I have with this ship and others like it is that the traditional fixed seating is in the rear of the ship and difficult to find because you can't go down in the middle of the ship and walk back. My dad and step mother had a heck of a time finding us. It was a suprise for my birthday. Since I did not know they were on the ship, I could not help them. Anyway, enjoy the trip.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:02 AM

Hi,
You will have great time and most likely a "new" ship, what with the tragic fire. I ahve sailed on the Star and enjoyed every minute. I agree with Relax, Princess, is an excellent cruise line. Have a GREAT Time, Enjoy Life

Caseyg
Old 04-05-2006, 03:06 PM

I have been on the Star four times in the past four years and love it. Here is a little tip. When you get to your cabin look at the color of the rug. One side is blue and the other side is red. This has helped my when getting off the stairs or elevator and am not sure if I should go right or left to get to my cabin. The floor numbers can also be found in a circle on the rug. Have a great time.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:06 PM

Have a great time on your trip!!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:58 PM

Bring your own alcohol aboard in your luggage. (not your carry-on). A 40 oz bottle that may cost you $10 in a store will cost you $200 to $300 in mixed drinks that you may order on the ship. The ship makes approximately 2000% profit on every bar drink. Buy a ship's drink in a fancy glass that you keep and you can carry this forever on the ship, replenishing as needed, and save yourself $500 to $1500.

Princess advertises an internet cafe but does not provide that service on any of their ships, just a limited text message service and web surfing. If you plan on keeping in contact and sending pictures, you will have to use a port based internet cafe or wait until yor trip is over.

Otherwise the food is great, the entertainment is great, the tours are great. We used formal dining previously and anytime dining the last time and preferred anytime dining, the menu is the same but we were able to see live shows that we would have missed with formal dining.

Closed Thread