Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 09:07 PM

I'm looking at booking two unassigned rooms on the Princess Star. Is there a way to get the two rooms located next to each other without paying for the assigned room rate?
The travel agent said he can provide notes in each reservation but didn't guarantee it would be read when rooms are being allocated just before the cruise.

Any insights would be great. thx
Old 03-02-2010, 09:14 PM

Spoke with a cruisesonly.com agent couple of weeks ago she told me you can book them that way if they are available.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:44 PM

If you book under a "Guarantee" then there is no guarantee the two rooms will be assigned next to each other. Your agent can cross reference the two bookings (which is probably what they meant by making a note). The "Guarantee" means you don't get an assigned cabin at time of booking. It leaves you open to a possible upgrade. If it is important to you to have rooms next to each other, then you should book in an "assigned" cabin. The price may be different than the "guarantee" price.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:48 AM

Hi HawkeyeTO, welcome to Cruise-Chat. As Cruise Fanatic stated, a guarantee only guarantees that catagory cabin, nothing else. If you want cabins next to each other, you need to book them as assigned cabins. If this is going to disappoint you, please don't take a chance and start your cruise out on the wrong foot. If it's not that big a deal, you can take your chances and maybe end up with a nicer cabin. Best wishes and have a fantastic cruise!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:29 PM

Hey HawkeyeTO,

The whole reason for the guarantee category is to keep the price lower for each category be it inside, outside or balcony. Booking guarantee means you are prepared to accept a cabin anywhere on the ship. Sometimes (let's be serious)and I have booked guarantee when I travel without my family (kids and parents), I will book guarantee. Sometimes I luck out and end up in a better location mid ship or higher up than I planned but sometimes not. I remember the time on Norwegian Jewel, I booked guarantee inside and ended up with the worse cabin on the ship. Bottom deck right at the front. As were were plunging through the rough waters of the Eastern Caribbean those November nights, I felt as though the sea would enter my cabin. That is when I said "no more guarantee". Now, of course, you will come across people on the posts that have booked guarantee and got a great cabin even being upgraded from inside to balcony but that is rare. What if you were that person and the other people for whom you booked a cabin ended up in my terrible cabin and you in the balcony. Might be some sour grapes in hand. If you want to guarantee a happy vacation for everyone, spend a few dollars more and choose your location. The travel agent can put the comments in the two reservations stating you would like to stay together, but really, when it comes to the assignment, guarantee is not a priority for the cruise line.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:59 PM

We just went through this with Princess. We went with another couple and were upgraded - both from the same balcony category, booked on the same date to a better category. Princess refunded them $600 of their fare, while leaving ours the same. We had indicated that we didn't mind where our location was, but they decided to credit our friends and give them the same cabin type. They refuse to tell me why this happened or to give me any credit for this, in spite of several requests. Be very careful of guarantees!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:30 AM

Snowman,
Did you make the cruise booking for each of you and in the same phone call? Or did each of you make your own booking separately? All the different promotions and booking categories can be very confusing. If each of your bookings were made separately, then you could have been booked under a different fare code promotion. It's hard to determine without actually seeing the booking confirmations. Probably the best thing to do is write a polite letter to Guest Relations asking for them to explain.

Closed Thread

Tags
assigned, book, cabin, caribbean, choose, cruise, cruises, guarantee, guaranteed, gurantee, princess, room, rooms, royal, unassigned