Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2005, 05:29 AM

We are crusing the Dawn Princess Aug. 8th. Curious about a few excursions. Has anyone done the Bear watching in Ketchican? We want to fish for salmon. Is This a better excursion for Ketchican. Now for Juneau- choice of fishing, or Mendenhall Glacier Helicopter tour. As for Skagsway- Heli Hike and Tour or Valley of Glaciers? Could uses all the help we can get here. Also dressing for these Excursions, and when we get to whittier is it worth the Blackstone Glacier Tour or something better? Thanks
Old 05-17-2005, 07:14 PM

Hi, I have done Alaska twice now. There are several posts that cover most of your questions, but, let me try to answer some of your questions. The key to dressing in Alaska is layers. Also bring some rain gear, at least an umbrella & ponch. I have never been lucky enough to get the warm, sunny Alaska weather, but, they do get it sometimes. Can start out cool in the morning & warm some. If you plan any type of tours involving the glaciers it can be quite chilly.
Tours, I personally did not do any of the fishing or bear watching. Heard from people who did & enjoyed.
Personally my favorite tours are: Juneau -Mendenhall Glacier Helicopter Tour. This was awesome. Just enough exposure for me. Be sure to save time for a trip to the Red Dog Saloon. Can't miss it.
Skagway - White Rail Pass Train was excellent.
Ketchikan - Misty Fjord Seaplane was awesome.
I did not go to Whittier.
Hope this helps! Have an excellent time

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, bears, cruise, excursions, reviews