Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 07:12 PM

When we booked the cruise with Sapphire Princess, we had the 'guaranteed' cabin assignment. We just found out that they assigned us a stateroom that is very, very close to the front of the ship on the Lido deck. Is it a good thing? It looks like I'll be walking a lot to get to various places. Will I get motion sickness? Can I ask them to give me a different room? Thank you in advance.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:28 PM

What you recieved is the highest category of inside cabin on the ship (Assuming you booked an inside guarantee). The other possible cabin is a balcony, also a Cat BA, the highest Cat of balcony on the ship other than suites. Normally these cabins go at a premium, well above the cost of a guarantee if you ask for an assigned cabin in this location. It's steps from the pools and on the same deck as Horizon Court, the buffet. No stairs to climb, no elevators to wait for, you're right where everyone on other decks are heading, where you want to spend your time. A cabin location won't make you seasick, there are better locations for people with an issue of motion sickness. If you know you have such an issue, you should never book a guarantee. Never, never, ever. The reason guarantees are attractive and so popular is that there is a chance of upgrade at the lowest possible price. You got a low price and a significant upgrade. Now you're concerned about a randomly assigned cabin which is what you agreed to at the time of the booking. I guess I'm confused about the concern. You can probably pay more, be taken out of the random promotion you were booked in and be assigned a cabin in the location of your choice. That is, if there are still any mid-ship cabins available. If they're assigning the guarantees, its unlikely. If you don't mind me asking, why did you ever decide to take a guarantee? You could have been assigned a cabin under the galley, over the engine room and props or beside the disco. You actually recieved a great cabin.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-10-2008, 08:04 PM

Hi, TrvlPro,

Thanks for the comment. It is good to know that it'd cost a lot more if I were to book a room on Lido now. I haven't had motion sickness for long time. Hopefully, the ocean will be kind when we cruise this summer.

As why we made a 'guaranteed' reservation, well, that is because we booked pretty late and there were not many rooms left. Also the travel agent said the best option is to take a chance. So we did.

In fact, like you said, there isn't hardly any mid-ship room at this point so we'll keep the room they assigned. Thanks for your help!
Old 05-10-2008, 08:15 PM
You are in a great location. I love the way Neil put it: ". . .you're right where everyone on other decks are heading . . .". No matter what your location you are going to do some walking.

And don't worry about motion. Sapphire Princess is a very stable and smooth riding ship. You'll love it right where you are.

Closed Thread

Tags
assigned, book, cabin, cruise, deck, front, guarantee, inside, lido, princess, riding, room, sapphire, ship, stateroom