Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2003, 02:05 PM

We are sailing on the dawn princess around the caribbean in october.
We have an inside cabin on emerald deck at the front of the ship. I read that there will be more movement felt at the front. Although we are low down. I like the position of the cabin but wonder if anyone has had any problems. Any feedback would be great.
Old 03-01-2003, 02:05 PM

We are sailing on the dawn princess around the caribbean in october.
We have an inside cabin on emerald deck at the front of the ship. I read that there will be more movement felt at the front. Although we are low down. I like the position of the cabin but wonder if anyone has had any problems. Any feedback would be great.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:33 PM

We have sailed the Dawn Princess twice, March 2001, and again December 2002. March was fine, but last December was very rough, as it was for a lot of ships that I've heard about. The tradewinds were incredibly strong and at times difficult to walk on the deck that was opened. This held true in some of the ports we were in as well. You are correct in your assumption that the bow of the ship has far more rocking than other areas, as when you hit a wave, up and down goes the bow. We were on a recent cruise with a retired Navy Commander. He always gets mid-ship the lowest possible deck that he can get an outside stateroom on. He was upset when they upgraded him on the cruise we were on, and couldn't put him back to his original cabin. You would expect October to be rougher, as you're in hurricane season. Good luck, and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Closed Thread

Tags
beverly, cruise, cruises, dawn, dawnprincess, forums, hills, ice, movement, princess, ship, tea