Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 AM

My wife and I are going to the Mexican Riviera for the second time. The first time was on the Dawn Princess in a suite w/balcony and we loved it. This time we're taking the "kids" (29-43 y.o.) and I'm splurging on our cabin, E733 vista suite on the stern of the boat. I've read about similar cabins on different class boats but nothing about the Diamond or Sapphire class. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Hello golfguy, and welcome to Cruise-Chat;

when are you going? I've got E731, right next door, on Oct. 11; ours is just a mini-suite, but it has the extra large balcony, being the last cabin on the side.

What can I tell you? I've not had the pleasure of a Vista Suite yet, but it is my favorite location on the ship. You are one deck above the Promenade; two above the International (Traditional) Dining Room (which we prefer); and just a short climb up to the Terrace Pool (the best IMHO), the Horizon Court Buffet and the Outrigger Bar. Everything I need within easy reach.

There is a thread on the Vista Suite in this same forum with a photo and description of the balcony. Look for "Back of the Ship Suite - Can We Still See Everything?"

If there is anything more specific I can help you with, please just ask; otherwise rest assured you have one of the best Cabins on the ship.

Rick
Old 08-27-2008, 08:09 AM

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick response and warm welcome. We're going 12/06. The anticipation really is a big part of the cruise. Thanks, also, for the reassurance on my cabin choice. I haven't told my wife yet that I upgraded from a mini-suite to a vista-suite for an additional $2K. I guess this will put my "forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission" philosophy to the test.
I look forward to hearing more about your trip on 10/11.

Ron
Old 08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
She'll take one look at the suite, and there will be nothing to forgive.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:29 PM

Cruise Guru, I have been going back and forth between rooms D737 and E731 on Diamond Princess.
Your information is so helpful...one more question...The club Fusion is one deck below E731 I am concerned that the noise from this club might become frustioning....but maybe you can tell me - is it a problem?

Thanks for your help!
Jeanne
Old 09-19-2008, 12:52 AM
As I said in the other thread, I am so convinced that noise from Club Fusion will not be an issue in Cabin E731 I booked it myself (on Sapphire Princess).

Cabin D737 is a handicap-equipped cabin and would not be appropriate for anyone not confined to a wheelchair.

Rick
Old 11-04-2008, 07:09 PM

We will also be on the Sapphire on 12/6, on the Caribe deck.

Gin

Quote:
Originally posted by golfguy:
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick response and warm welcome. We're going 12/06. The anticipation really is a big part of the cruise. Thanks, also, for the reassurance on my cabin choice. I haven't told my wife yet that I upgraded from a mini-suite to a vista-suite for an additional $2K. I guess this will put my "forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission" philosophy to the test.
I look forward to hearing more about your trip on 10/11.

Ron
Old 11-05-2008, 07:29 AM

Hi Stranded Mermaid, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. Sure hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do, they're out favorite line, so far. The Sapphire Princess is a beautiful ship, and the Caribe deck is a great location. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!

Closed Thread

Tags
back, cabbin, cabins, d737, horizon, mini, noisy, photos, princess, reviews, rooms, saphire, sapphire, ship, suite, suites, terrace