Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Yes, a couple of times I"ve returned to the ship with no time to change before dinner. I just put a nice "resort" type shirt over my shore excursion "T", left the jeans on, exchanged the tennis shoes for loafers and nothing was said. Who wants a buffet after a long day of sightseeing--I want to be served.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:42 AM

I don't quite understand why it is so hard for people to follow dress code and dress nice these days.What happened to the days when adults dressed nicely to go to dinner. Instead of dressing like kids?

There is no such thing as "nice" jeans. Black jeans are the same as blue jeans. They really shouldn't be worn to dinner or shows.

I wear jeans all the time, but when going out to dinner I do not. Unless it is a casual restaurant.

It isn't that hard to do. People used to NEVER wear jeans out to dinner in the past.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Well D10S, as I just responded to you on the other thread on this topic, if it bothers you so much, you may switch to one of the ultra-luxury cruise lines; but even then there is no guarantee that everyone will dress to your standards.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:12 PM

f-mattox,

Well done! I agree with you 100%.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:01 PM

I totally agree with D10S. It's getting awfful. I remember that when I was on the farm where I was born my Mom and Dad would come in after a hard day work outside and dress up for a nice dinner, just the three of us. It's going to far the other way now. I would never dream of wearing anything but dress pants and dress shirt whenever I go into the dinning room. I also put on my good black dress shoes everynight. I love getting dress up a bit. If you want to wear bluedeans when go to the to buffet. We just came back from the Alaska cruise in June and no one wore causal clothes in the dinning rooms at night. We have to start going back to nice proper dress. We have a dinner theater in Toronto and you are not allow in if you don't have a suit jacket and tie on and dress shoes.
Thanks,
Keith
Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 AM

Hi I agree with Wooddon 100% Why do some people think that the rules are for everyone else but them. No jeans should mean no jeans. I love dressing up for dinner on the cruise and if we dont one night we go to the hamburger place in our bathing suits. I love cruising. I hope I dont have to go to "ultra Luxury lines" to be with people who will follow the rules. Dont think that other people dont notice the jean wearers because we do and we think its too bad that you can't follow the simple rules set up by the cruise line.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:23 AM

Maybe the cruise lines should set up a small "jeans only" dining room and then everyone would be happy
Old 08-24-2007, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marylu:
Maybe the cruise lines should set up a small "jeans only" dining room and then everyone would be happy
That's the best suggestion yet. I hate to dress, yet we don't like to miss the types of food they offer in the dr. The selections at the buffet are not the same- close but not the same.

Closed Thread

Tags
atire, attire, casual, code, cruise, date, dining, dinner, dress, formal, jeans, night, princess, smart, wear