Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2005, 06:03 PM

Can someone clarify a couple things about Personal Choice Dining on (Dawn) Princess? I realize one can dine either in the regular dining rooms or at the buffet, etc.
Does the Venetian and Florentine Dining room offer the same menu each night? And I thought I read somewhere that the Horizon Court offers a sit-down prepared dinner also (not buffet) with casual dress, and the staff is being trained here. Can someone elaborate on that? Do they offer the exact same thing there as in the other two dining rooms? Are the hours the same?
And LOBSTER! I don't want to miss that! Is that served only in the formal dining rooms on one specific night?
Thanks!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:41 AM

Hi, I do not have the answer to Mr. Ezo 's question but I also have a question regarding dining. If we have assigned dining are we held to having to dine there or are we able to try other options if desired ?I know we did on Celebrity. It really was the best of both worlds.Hopefully someone will have the answer to Mr. Ezo&my questions. thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 03:17 PM

Personal Choice Dining can be done 2 ways.
Totally free to make your own dining plans every night OR you can make a reservation for a specific time/table for the entire cruise.
It is your personal choice......

The Dining Rooms offer the exact same menu.
Horizon Court offers a "Bistro" at night. Basically they corner off a section of the room for table service.
The main lobster meal (lobster tails) is served at the Farewell Dinner. Many combine it with beef for surf & turf.
They also offer another lobster selection, but, I cannot recall what night it is offered.
More like lobster newburg.

Princess also has several alternative dining options. These vary ship to ship.
Sabatinis is upscale Italian dining. There is a $20/person fee. Loads of food.
Sterling Steakhouse is $15/person. Prime cuts of beef are offered.
On the Dawn Princess there is not a Sabatinis, but, a Pizzaria/Trattoria. Excellent pizzas.

There is also the Grill & Ice Cream Bar.

If you have Traditional Dining you can certainly go for dinner in any of the restaurants. Always a courtesy to tell your Waiter or tablemates so they do not wait for you.

Hope you enjoy your cruise

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 10-03-2005, 04:05 PM

hi, thank you,thank you,Sunprincess you have answered my question.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:33 PM

Anytime
Was trying to reply for both of you.

Cathy
Old 10-03-2005, 07:27 PM

Thank you Cathy! It's nice to have someone "in the know" for us Newbies!
Is the "Bistro" just offered late at night or during normal dinner hours (like 5-8pm)? And is it the same menu as the dining rooms?
Thanks again!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:18 AM

Hi Sunprincess. Your information is awsome. I agree thank you from the newbies! In you seasoned opinion is the anytime a better choice than the traditional? I know it is all a matter of preferance but I cant decide between the two??? I will be on the Golden in Jan!! Thanks again.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:26 PM

I have not been on the Dawn but on the Caribbean Princess, we ate exclusively at the Buffets including the table service dinners. We found they had Caribbean rock lobster on two occasions. It was yummy!

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 10-04-2005, 03:52 PM

Hi

So glad I am able to offer some help to you newbies. I really hope you love Princess as I do

John,
I think the Bistro is offered as a later dining option. Cannot really remember for sure.
But, it is not the same menu as the dining room.
You can eat up in Horizon Court 24hrs/day.

DeeFee,
To be honest only recently I tried Personal Choice. The reason being that often times I go to visit friends that work on the ship, and Personal Choice allows me more flexiblity.

As for Traditional Dining I always select LATE seating. For me, 6:15 pm is way too early when on a cruise. You have to rush back to the ship or out of the sun, etc.
8:15 is a much better time. This way you have time to relax, shower, enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail.

Now if you prefer dinner at 7:30 every night, another reason for personal choice.

I have been so very fortunate in my table assignments over the years. I have met some wonderful friends over the years thanks to Princess.
But, I thought it rude not to go to dinner every night with the table, another reason for Personal Choice.

Hope this helps............
Any more questions, ask away !

SOON enough your cruises will be here.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 10-05-2005, 08:02 AM

Thanks again Cathy for the reply. I think we will stick with the late seating. We will be doing mostly the beaches and dont want to have to rush back to shower before going to eat.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, dawn, meals, princess, questions, reviews