Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 10:33 AM

This site still lists the Crown Princess as being sold to Seetours. Don't know the details, but there is definately a Crown Princess currently in their fleet.

The Baltic Cruise May 20 Copenhagen, Stockhom, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Gdansk, and Oslo was fantastic. Of course the highlight was St. Petersburg, and we used ALLA tours for the excursions. Princess tries to discourage private Russian tour companies, but all went smoothly and would definately do it again.

The Chef's Dinner was well worth the extra charge, with wines, apertif, etc etc and 13 courses. A real adventure. You are given 2 great pictures of your group with the chef and Maitre d as well as individual ones, plus a lovely cookbook signed by the chef.

We only booked transport from Gydnia to Gdansk from the ship and did the rest on our own. ( except again for St. Petersburg) Wonderful ship and very few glitches.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Princess' current Crown Princess is the second ship with that name; as is the Island, Pacific, Sun, Royal, Golden, Sea and Star Princess.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Chef's Dinner; that is something my wife and I are very much looking forward to on a future cruise.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:57 AM

Hi mscno, glad to hear you enjoyed your Crown Princess cruise. The old Crown Princess was sold, but the new one is still sailing for Princess, at least right now. We'll have to try the Chef's dinner, sounds fantastic. My hubby bought a cookbook for me on our first Sea Princess cruise. I did make some of the stocks and a couple entrees, but it sure wasn't cheap. I spent over $300 just to make the double beef broth. The food turned out really tasty, but served on Corelware, just wasn't the same. Plus I had to clean up afterwards
Old 06-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I know what you mean, Penny; after dinner, we sit there waiting for the waiter to clear the dishes and bring the dessert menu--but he never shows up.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:07 PM

Is the Chef's dinner made available to guests after the cruise begins? We didn't hear about anything like that on our Alaskan cruise.

Do you remember which night of the cruise it took place?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:58 PM
The Chef's Dinner is only available on Emerald, Crown and Caribbean Princess (as of the last press release); but will eventually be available fleetwide. I don't know any of the details as to when it is available; but here is a link to more information:

http://www.princess.com/news/article...a923&submit=pk

Closed Thread

Tags
2008, baltic, crown, cruise, cruises, menus, princess, review, reviews, russia, sea