Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2006, 05:05 PM

We are traveling on a 16 day cruise on the Golden Princess. Friends have suggested that we bring a case of wine to have in the cabin and at dinner. I know there is a corkage fee in the dining room. Will they let me keep the wine in the cabin? Will I have a problem boarding with a case of wine? Thanks!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:29 AM

I've never tried a case before. I usually by a 4 pack of splits, put the splits in zip lock bags and pack them in my carry-on. This way, if they break, I haven't lost much money. If you pack the case in your luggage, I guess it would make it on. They x-ray the luggage like they do in the airport, but they probably wont say anything. Last year, I bought bottles in the dining room. I got a decent California Chardonnay for $22.00/bottle. They kept it for me and served me from the bottle until it ran dry, then I'd order another one. Wine by the glass is $5.50++. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:01 AM

I have never had any problem carrying any type of alcohol on a ship for consumption. But I have always had it in my carry on. I know that the ship says you aren't supposed to bring any one but, like I said, I have never been stopped. Good luck with the case!!

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 05-05-2006, 03:52 PM

We've always brought wine. I think you are allowed two bottles of alcohol per person in your luggage. When you buy alcohol in port or on board, you aren't allowed to take it to your room, they hold it for you until you debark. Last time my husband brought a bottle of whiskey (wrapped as a gift just in case - maybe it doesn't matter) in his luggage, too. But if you pack it in your luggage - pad it well - and in a ziplock - I've seen them throw that luggage around
Old 05-10-2006, 05:31 PM

If you can carry it go for it.
I have seen people bring cases of beer & wine onboard.
Enjoy your cruise.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, bring, bringing, buy, carry, case, cases, cruise, ncl, norwegian, people, princess, ship, ships, wine