Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 03:25 PM

hawaii here we come, we are sailing on the Golden Princess net Feb.18 leaving LA. We just finished a 9 night carribean cruise out of NY NY great cruise but the due point was very opressive, kind of took the fun out of it. Well what can I expect with our Hawaii weather wise. We were able to get a rear facing balcony. any feed back would be welcomed.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:40 PM

The only thing I don't like about that cruise is it's only 14 days long but Hawaii is still one of the best places to visit. You'll probably have two days of cool weather on the way out & two on the way back.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
The rear-facing balconies are wonderful; they are larger, fully covered and more private, have less foot traffic, and are closer the the Horizon Court Buffet and Terrace Pool, my favorite part of the ship.

I usually suffer in high humidity but was very comfortable in Hawaii, where I can best describe the weather as "balmy"; warm, but always a nice breeze.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:48 PM

Thanks rick and f-mattox, you are right we had a rear facing balcony on the carribean princess D734 and loved it. When you say cool how cool and what would you recommend for additional clothing. We are hoping to be able to spent more time on the balcony then our last cruise it was just do humid.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
In mid February in Los Angeles and the first 2 days at sea you are looking at daytime highs in the mid to high 50's, gradually warming as you approach the Islands. I don't think you will need any "additional clothing"; the jackets you wear for the trip shoud be enough. If not, you can always buy a sweat shirt on the ship.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:55 PM

i went last year in feb u need a sweetshirt and pants .the 1st 2 days then it gets warmer im going nov.this yr i expect the same weather ,hope u get a good view of the lava fromthe ship . we did last yr was a highlight of our trip
Old 08-20-2008, 01:47 PM

I will be sailing in late October on Golden Princess - 14 days ...LA to Hawaii. I am looking for a luau to attend for 6 of us. The only one I see thru Princess is a very pricy one that lasts 8.5 - 9hours at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Honolulu. We really don't want to spend that much time traveling back & forth to attend a luau. Is there anything close to the cruise terminal that we can get to and get back to ship by 11:00PM sailing?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Hello jimmybmartin, and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

We did the same cruise last year, and like you, wanted to go to a luau, but not an 8-9 hour one. I just checked Princess' website and they still offer the "Tropical Garden, Luau and Romantic Ceremony" escursion on Kauai. It is a much more reasonable 4 hours; or they offer the same tour but add a river cruise, and it is slightly longer. I can't recommend this tour highly enough. It is in a beautiful setting, features excellent and authentic food and entertainment; and the romantic ceremony is lovely; a short "renewal of vows" type affair that is optional, but I think those that didn't participate wish they had.

If you click on the "Find" bar at the top of the page and enter "Smith's Tropical Paradise", it will take you to several threads where I have talked about this tour in more detail.

Have a great time in Hawaii.

Rick
Old 08-20-2008, 04:25 PM

Rick, thanks for the info ...I totally missed that excursion ...sounds excellent. I'm sure we'll try that one.

Since we'll have the evening free in Honolulu, any places we should visit? ...We love types of place along the water where you can sit out, have a drink (or more), and relax. I've heard Wakiki is awesome to go to. An recommendations?
Old 08-20-2008, 04:50 PM
That's exactly what we did with our free evening in Honolulu; went to the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. We strolled the grounds and the hotel; then had mai tais at their Mai Tai Bar, right on the beach at Waikiki. Just an absolutely perfect setting.

http://www.royal-hawaiian.com/

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, forum, forums, golden, hawaii, luau, paradise, princess, reviews, smiths, taxis, tropical, weather