Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 06:38 AM

This is our first cruise. I need Airport and transfer advice coming from denver. LAX or orange county? Ship sails from long beach, right? Is it just as easy to book my own hotel the night before and take a cab?

Any other tips would be appreciated - quite nervous
Old 07-22-2005, 07:31 PM

If you have booked your cruise through a travel agent they should get you transfers from the airport to the cruise ship. You can fly into L.A. early in the morning and the cruise ship representatives are at the airport to meet you and take you by bus to the ship as long as you have the transfer ticket to get on the bus.
Usually you get transfers to and from the airport when you book your cruise. The cruise ship won't let you on board until noon so there's no rush. If you get to the airport too early you'll be sitting around and waiting. The ship isn't far from the airport.
If you prefer to fly in the night before and book your own hotel room there shouldn't be a problem because most hotels have shuttle service to the airport and ship. Call the hotels and ask them before you book.
Good luck. You will love the Sapphire. We went last year and had a wonderful time to the Mexican Riviera.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:30 AM

mmiller626,
If you have used a travel agent, Schultzie is right - they will be able to make all of your hotel/transfer arrangements.

I would urge you to fly in the day before (there are just so many things that can go wrong when flying in the day of a cruise). The airport is quite a ways from the cruiseport, therefore not too many hotels offer shuttle service. Here are a couple of suggestions, however: The Holiday Inn - Los Angeles/San Pedro Harbor offers a cruise package that provides free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from hotel to cruise port for a 1 night stay.

Or, you can locate a hotel near the airport and either take a taxi to the cruise port (can be expensive) or purchase the cruise lines transfers. That option will require you to return to the airport the day of the cruise, however. There are also airport shuttle services that provide transfers to the port (about $18 pp).

Hope these suggestions help-
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-23-2005, 05:24 PM

The last time I sailed out of Los Angeles we stayed at the Sheraton Los Angeles Harbor and they had a shuttle service from the airport and to the port.
Suzi
Old 07-25-2005, 04:07 PM

I will be going on the same cruise in October and we are using Prime Time Shuttle, 1-800-RED-VANS. They are only charging us $32.00 per person round trip and will drop us off right at the ship and pick us up when we return. My travel agent recommended them to me.

Closed Thread