Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2002, 07:57 PM

Hi! Rather mundane q here but, I recently booked my second cruise a week after getting off my first! I booked it through a travel agency who only handles the cruise itself. How do I go about getting insurance, does it have to be paid in full first, and do you all know of any good agencies? Can this also be handled thru your regular insurance agent, or is that a bad idea?

Thanks in advance for any help... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Glam Girl (because I like glamor, not because I am glamorous!) (Peg)

Come Sail Away, Come Sail Away, Come Sail Away With ME!

~Glam Girl
Old 07-29-2002, 07:57 PM

Hi! Rather mundane q here but, I recently booked my second cruise a week after getting off my first! I booked it through a travel agency who only handles the cruise itself. How do I go about getting insurance, does it have to be paid in full first, and do you all know of any good agencies? Can this also be handled thru your regular insurance agent, or is that a bad idea?

Thanks in advance for any help... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Glam Girl (because I like glamor, not because I am glamorous!) (Peg)

Come Sail Away, Come Sail Away, Come Sail Away With ME!

~Glam Girl

~Glam Girl
Old 07-29-2002, 09:49 PM

I find it very hard to believe that your travel agent just sell cruises. We're getting ready to do our 8th cruise in 2 weeks, and have booked them through 3 different agents (old and new addresses). All of them offered insurance. Did you ask for it specifically? Regardless, all cruise lines offer their own insurance. There's more limitations on these for the most part, and more expensive, but don't travel without it. We have seen everything happen on cruises, heart attacks, fractures, death in families, etc. Plus you might end up with a bad cold or cut yourself somehow. Really not sure if regular insurance companies have this coverage. Start out with travel agent first, then cruise line, but above all, don't go without it. Have fun!
Old 07-30-2002, 06:10 AM

I don't know why your travel agent said they don't sell insurance. All the major cruislines have there own insurance which the travel agent can sell right with the cruise. One of the outside travel insurances I use is Travel Guard. I have found them very good and have read of many others using them. Your agent should have also told you that your insurance could have waivers attached if not purchased within 7 days of your booking.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:44 AM

My husband and I have traveled on Princess about 7 times. We always buy their Gold Insurance. A few years ago we were to depart on Wednesday and on the Monday my husband had a stent put in and ran into complications. We cancelled on Tuesday and received every penny back. Last year I left an expensive steamer on the cruise and the reimbursed me without a problem. I know some travel agents do not like to book the cruise insurance but we have had success with Princess.
You should get a copy of the insurance and read it carefully.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:27 PM

Hi Peg, Even though your travel agent did not offer you the option of purchasing travel protection it is still something that is of utmost importance for you to procure. Personally I would suggest you use an outside protection plan (not the cruise lines). One of the best is TravelGuard. You can go directly to their website (www.travelguard.com) or, if you wish further assistance or personal service
you can e-mail me and I can help you.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-06-2002, 07:39 PM

Dear Peg,
I would suggest that you consider using a Travel Agency that can help you with everything. Make sure you select someone who knows and can help you with everything including your insurance. I always advise my clients to purchase insurance and I require that they sign a waiver if they do not purchase any insurance. I do this because it is very important. Most Travel Agents can offer you the insurance that the Cruise Line offers or another company which the Agency has a contract with. I suggest when you book cruises in the future that you book with a CLIA certified agency and that the agent be certified as an Accredited Cruise Counsellor or Master Cruise Counsellor. They take courses through CLIA and meet high standard of training, inspections of ships, and have taken many cruises. Do get insurance. You may email me if you need more information.
Carolyn

Closed Thread

Tags
baton, bolger, cruises, la, rouge, tours