Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I suppose we all knew it was coming; now it's official: luggage tags will no longer be sent with the pre-cruise packet; we have to print our own on-line. This letter is a good study in corporate spin:

October 15, 2009

"Princess Cruises Introduces New Personalized Online Luggage Tags

Dear Travel Professional,

Reflecting Princess Cruises' commitment to innovation, we are pleased to announce the introduction of personalized online luggage tags. This new feature will provide our passengers and travel agent partners the opportunity to conveniently print personalized luggage tags on their home or office computer.

The new online luggage tags are personalized with the passenger's name, Captain's Circle membership status, cabin number and embarkation information. The luggage tags are accessible in the Cruise Personalizer® and can be printed up to 75 days prior to the sailing date.

This new feature will be effective with voyages departing after December 1, 2009 and will replace the standard luggage tags that are currently provided within the pre-cruise documentation package. Generic luggage tags will continue to be available at the pier for passengers who may need them.

We are excited about this new advancement in providing more personalized pre-cruise information to our passengers, and we thank you for your continuing support of Princess Cruises!
Best Regards,

Jan Swartz
Executive Vice President
Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service"

I was telling a travel agent friend that it wasn't so bad, and listed the ways I've seen discussed here to solve the problem: I loved her reply: "Yeah, but I just don't like the fact that Princess has given me a home craft project. "
Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Dilbert's pointy-haired boss couldn't have done a better job of corporate spin!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:12 PM

The first paragraph should really read..."This new feature will provide our passengers and travel agent partners the opportunity to waste their ink and paper instead of ours."
Old 10-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Oh Jan, that's GREAT!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 PM
NCL started this a couple of years ago...What I do, is to tape over the tags with clear packing tape.....on both sides....this makes it almost impossible to tear or get shredded....It has worked for me on 8 or 9 cruises now and I plan on using this procedure on 3 upcoming cruises....The cruiselines have to make every penny count these days...Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
The cruiselines have to make every penny count these days...Happy Cruising...
Yes, well they could start by stabilizing their cruise rates instead of this insane practice of lowering rates two, three, times. Thus having to credit back to credit cards or give OBC. That must add up in credit card fees and administrative cost. Then there's the ridiculous flyers they litter your cabin with everyday trying to sell you everything from spa treatments to inch of gold. I've been putting on the comment cards for years that they could save the ink and paper on those.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote:
I've been putting on the comment cards for years that they could save the ink and paper on those.
Only trouble is, they work! Not all the time; but often enough to make it worthwhile. A family friend who went on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise with my wife, and who could really not afford it, spent over $1000 in spa services and products--more than the cruise fare.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing at the corporate spin they put on this. This is downright ridiculous in every aspect. Carnival had been sending "personalized luggage tags" for several years before the mailed cruise doc packets ended a few months ago.

They could have called up Carnival, and said "Hey, Sister line, How do you print up those awesome personalized luggage tags you send your customers"?

Their attempt at corporate spin rates a "0" and is insulting and silly in my opinion.

f-mattox, Welcome to the not so desirable Club!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Only trouble is, they work! Not all the time; but often enough to make it worthwhile. A family friend who went on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise with my wife, and who could really not afford it, spent over $1000 in spa services and products--more than the cruise fare.
Hmmmm, I have a feeling she would have found the spa even without the flyers.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Then there's the ridiculous flyers they litter your cabin with everyday trying to sell you everything from spa treatments to inch of gold.
Jan, I missed that. Yes, Rick they do work on some. I can't help but chuckle when I see people lined up to buy what I consider an "Inch of Lead" this price on this cruise only.

Bob E, This will be the first cruise that I've had to print my own tags. I'm going to use your method of reinforcing them.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
10, agents, beach, cards, cruise, generic, line, luggage, make, personalized, princess, print, tag, tags, travel, tying