Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2004, 12:16 PM

My husband and I are planning our first Alaskan cruisetour in August 2004 on the Coral Princess and can't decide between tour 11N or 12N. Our question is whether it is better to:
1. Stay 2 nights in McKinley, 1 night Denali OR
2. Chose the 2 night Denali and take the Tundra Wilderness Tour and skip McKinley altogether?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Marianne
Old 02-05-2004, 12:16 PM

My husband and I are planning our first Alaskan cruisetour in August 2004 on the Coral Princess and can't decide between tour 11N or 12N. Our question is whether it is better to:
1. Stay 2 nights in McKinley, 1 night Denali OR
2. Chose the 2 night Denali and take the Tundra Wilderness Tour and skip McKinley altogether?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Marianne
Old 04-21-2004, 07:13 PM

WE took Princess Cruisetour#22 in June of 2002 on the Star Princess. Taking the Cruisetour is definitely the right thing to do. We saw much more of Alaska then what you see on the Cruise part. We stayed 1 night in Denali and two at Mt. McKinley. We did not take the Tundra Wilderness Tour but talked to those who did and they enjoyed and saw a lot of wild life. I would recomend taking the Tundra Tour. Also if you can swing it take at least one plane or helicopter trip to a glacier. We did both and higly recommend both. We loved our trip although we did get a fair amount of rain on the cruise part. The weather on the land part was much better. Also balconies are a must.
Hope you enjoy you cruisetour.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the reply! We are booked on Holland America's Ms. Statendam - Cruise Tour 15 - August 29 - September 12. We've already made reservations for the Misty Fjords by Floatplane and "Pilot's Choice" Helicopter Odyssey. The full Tundra Wilderness Tour is included. We are so looking forward to it!

Closed Thread

Tags
princess, reviews, tour, tundra, wilderness