Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2003, 02:15 PM

I've redeemed my FF miles, so my wife and I can
make the RT flight to Ft Lauderdale on
October 21,a day prior to our cruise on Sun Princess.
I know that Princess has "cruise plus hotels" such as Renaissance and Marriott Harbor Beach at FTL, but are there any suggestions to book a hotel on our own, but still not too far from
Port Everglades and the Princess Terminal?
Thanks,
Vladimir
Old 04-29-2003, 02:15 PM

I've redeemed my FF miles, so my wife and I can
make the RT flight to Ft Lauderdale on
October 21,a day prior to our cruise on Sun Princess.
I know that Princess has "cruise plus hotels" such as Renaissance and Marriott Harbor Beach at FTL, but are there any suggestions to book a hotel on our own, but still not too far from
Port Everglades and the Princess Terminal?
Thanks,
Vladimir
Old 04-29-2003, 02:31 PM

I have stayed twice at the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale. It's not far from the port, and has a complimentary shuttle to get there. Also has one from the airport, though it may take a while to pick you up. I don't know that they have a wheelchair-friendly van, however. You would need to call them about this. Otherwise, I don't think a wheelchair would be a problem there, other than somewhat limiting available seating for breakfast and dinner (some is available on the same level as the lobby). Nice place, with dinner restaurant on premises, which I thought was pretty good, if a bit pricey.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:49 AM

Thanks Karen,
I will look into it, although I remember seeing some place that the Embassy Suites are a bit pricy. As for the WC and the accessible van,
no problem, Elf can easily transfer to taxis or even a regular bus. The waiting is what I don't like!
Would Embassy take us to the Princess terminal, or do we have to take a taxi?
Have a nice day, Karen.
Vladimir
Old 05-01-2003, 02:26 PM

Yes, they are a bit pricey (depends on how far ahead you book, and how full they are at the time, though - they aren't way out of line with other decent hotels in the area), and yes, their shuttle will take you to the Princess terminal. No taxi needed. You might have to wait a bit for the shuttle - we signed up for a particular time and were told to wait in the lobby area at least 15 minutes prior, which turned out to be about right. Lots of space there for wheelchairs, though, not a problem. Enjoy your trip!
Old 05-18-2003, 05:45 PM

I've used Amerisuites , near enough to the port that in the morning you can see the ships. Runs a little less than Embassy and you get continental breakfast. I usually book through Hotels.Com
Old 05-21-2003, 06:18 PM

We did what you are doing and stayed at Comfort Suites last December for approximately $100 per night. They have shuttle service to and from the airport and to and from the seaport. Worked out very well for us. They also offer complimentary continental breakfast. You can see the cruise ships from the hotel upper floors and you can easily walk to the seaport, although you wouldn't want to do that with luggage! It is located very near the Embassy Suites that were mentioned in some other replies. Neighborhood is nice, too.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:49 PM

I just found this site, but thought that I might be able to assist you in answering this question.
Embassy Suites is available on PriceLine for a fraction of the actual cost. It is a very nice hotel and we have stayed there in the past.
We have also stayed at AmeriSuites but lately it has seemed a bit warn. We have seen times where we can reserve a room on priceline at the Embassy Suites even less expensively then the Amerisuites.
There are several sites out there to help you through the bidding process on Priceline if you need it.
Best of Luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, fll, ft, hotel, lauderdale, packages, pre, precruise, princess, priness, rccl