Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 06:52 AM

Hi All,

We just got back for a very nice Grand Princess cruise. Only one problem. The "Lobster Night" dinner had been changed from my other cruises with Princess. One lobster and two shrimp. Anyone know when and why the change? We were really bumbed out, to top it off the lobster was really bad. Other than that a great trip and we can't wait to go again.
Thanks for your help.

Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 AM

We went on the Emerald last November, they had lobster one night. I prefer the Alaska King Crab, but I know my hubby ordered it. He also had lobster in Sabatinis and in the Crown Grill. Maybe they're reducing cost? Although with the way prices are going up, lobster is becoming more affordable than beef.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
caseyg55, do you mean you were only given one lobster tail and two shrimp? Did you ask for more? Not that you would if it wasn't good. Did you order something else?

Usually they give you two tails to start--and then keep it coming until you say, "please, no more!"
Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 AM

We also were on the Grand in Jan & saw the same thing with the two LARGE shrimp. I thought the lobster was great & the shrimp were delicious. I suppose it's just a change from the normal routine they've been doing for years. The waiter we had offered to bring as many more tails as we wanted but my wife & I both refused.

Another note- we also attended the "most traveled passenger" party in Skywalkers lounge which was held on another evening after diner with about 10 other couples & they put out a spread of food which wasn't touched at all as all the couples had just eaten. They had the same size shrimp (cold) hanging from an ice bowl. I wish I could have gone to the affair being hungry. What a waste. I suppose the officers must have eaten good that evening.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:18 AM
We were on the Grand in October and they did bring out one lobster tail and the shrimp, but they did ask if we wanted more lobster. I find that all of their meals have smaller portions than years ago. It cuts down considerably on the waste since there used to be more food than most people could eat. And there is the option of asking for more if you want it.

Need some cruise help?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
That's it, Jill SC; it cuts down on the waste AND the waist.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Well said.

Need some cruise help?
Old 02-06-2008, 03:02 PM

Do the Dawn in December, it was also a very small lobster tail (tasty though) and two shrimp. But for our table that was just the tip of the iceberg. We asked if we could have a a lot more at once, and they brought us a huge platter of extra tails.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:03 PM

Oops meant to say "On the Dawn". Also one more thought -- worry about waist and waste any night but lobster night!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:51 PM

Thanks to all for the replies. No we didn't ask for additional meals. As I said the ones we got just were not that good. Maybe we just ran up against some bad lobester. We cruise Alaska in May on Princess and will be sure to ask another helping.

Caseyg

Closed Thread

Tags
ms, smoking, zaandam