Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 05:23 AM

We are a British couple in our 60's and have cruised several times before with Princess but not on the Golden Princess
We are considering booking a 14 day Hawaian
cruise on this ship January 2011 with a 3 night pre cruise stay in Los Angeles
Any comments on the ship,weather and possible excursions would be appreciated
Thanks
Dingle
Old 04-02-2010, 09:49 AM

Leaving Los Angeles in January, might be a little cool for the first few days. The temperatures should average mid to upper 70s in the islands. There shouldn't be too much rain, but it is a possibility in January. Haven't had the chance to sail on the Golden, but have seen her in different ports. She's a beautiful ship and I'm sure has the service that all Princess ships have-excellent. You shouldn't have many children on your ship, they're in school. Plus typically, the clientelle is a little older on the longer itineraries. Hope you have a marvelous time!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Hello Dingle; we are in our 60s too and went to Hawaii in '07 on Island Princess and had such a wonderful time we are going back on Golden Princess in October of this year. We were on Golden Princess in '07 to the Mexican Riviera and loved the ship; and that was before all the upgrades she just recently received in drydock. I hear from friends that the ship is just incrredible now.

Penny is right: it will be cool the first couple of days out and the last couple of days back; but that is true any time of year. If you have been on Princess before and liked it, I think you will love this cruise. One of the things I like best about Princess is the uniformly excellent quality of service and condition of the ships throughout the fleet.

I haven't looked at shore excursions yet. But when I do, if I see the ones we did three years ago, I will post some recommendations for you.

But I would heartily urge you to take this cruise.

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
angeles, caribean, crouise, cruise, excursions, golden, hawaian, hawaii, hawaiian, january, los, princess, reveiws, review, reviews